Prologue - Darkness

"You don't think you've done anything wrong don't you? You drove another person, your own brother, to kill himself, and you think you're innocent?

Accept all the dirty things you did and don't you dare try to justify yourself.

You deserve to be punished for what you did like human trash, no more, no less. This isn't the time for you to be making excuses, you should atone for everything you've done,

you fool..." [*]

The chain of words entangled Han Jiwook in waves of invisible thorns, so thick that it felt like each air particle was stung with them and slowly, like in slow motion, they began to cover him.

Prick. 

Prick. 

At first, it was just pricking him, one after another, but in an instant it was falling faster, stinging every part of his body. 

Deeper, stronger, more painful.

Pierce. 

Pierce. 

The thorns, now linked one to another, were creating a spider web around Jiwook, squeezing him tighter and tighter. 

Clenching. 

Strangling him. 

Unable to move, numb from the endless pricks, yet he struggled to breathe. The air too heavy for him to inhale. Too dark. Too sharp. Each taken breath like a knife, was slashing his throat mercilessly. At one point he tried to hold his breath as much as possible.

Yet thorns continued to sting him even stronger till holes started to appear. Strangely no blood was coming. Though it was painful beyond imagination, there was no blood to pour. Like every drop of blood got dried out. 

Without blood, how do you expect to be warm, to feel anything, simply... to live?! 

However Jiwook felt everything, every thorn clinched on his skin, every word stinging him deeply.

His all being was now captive in that dreadful web of overflowing words. 

Just like an unbreakable curse, each word got engraved on Jiwook's skin, 

burning it painfully, 

so it would be always remembered and never forgotten. 

Never.

Never.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  

[* credits : "At the End of the Road" by Haribo]