Ch 29 - Regret

The tall man didn't say anything, yet didn't move an inch. He waited.

Taemin recovered after a moment and let him inside. He cleared his throat praying Joohoon didn't hear what they both were just arguing about.

Upon seeing him, Woojin had himself a dumbstruck face, questioning eyes moved to the elder, who raised his shoulders in uncertainty.

Joohoon stayed frozen in the middle of the room, no move, no word spoken as minutes went on.

The other two could only look at each other in confusion. Taemin cleared his voice a second time mumbling he'll bring water or something.

He turned to go to the kitchen, but stopped upon hearing the name.

-Han... Siwon.

And how strange sounded his voice, that Taemin blinked perplexed checking if he really heard it or his ears played games on him.

- Han Siwon.

It was Joohoon's voice. God, it rang so scratchy and withered, as if the man aged with dozens of years and life mercilessly changed him. Perhaps that was it indeed.

Taemin didn't dare move and waited for the other to speak further, which one could see had something to say yet need time to come with the right words.

...

- May I talk with you?

It was a pointless question as Taemin was already listening to him, but he failed to get the purpose. However, Woojin fortunately did not.

- You can say it here, Woojin replied instead, his voice unjustly cold, since his argument with Taemin was still vivid on his tongue.

Joohoon said nothing though he turned slowly his head to Woojin, a glimpse of his eyes could be seen through the move, which Woojin didn't miss and nearly gasped at the sight of it.

Joohoon's eyes weren't enraged, not even angry or annoyed, it carried a nearby eerie yet dull glow in it, not like of a mad person's, just the opposite, eyes filled with realization and almost a calm desolation, a boundless acceptance and something that Woojin knew it well enough - regret.

Joohoon said nothing to that and Taemin stepped in, after all it was up to him to decide that.

- Joohoon we can talk alone if you want.

Woojin nearly dropped a scowl.

- It's ... it's ok... here, said Joohoon, his voice though sounded unsure.

Taemin turned then to bring the seat on his far left closer to Joohoon for him to sit, since the youth was just standing awkwardly in the middle of the room.

Then he put it right to Joohoon the other called him out again. Taemin remained in place, looking at the taller, waiting patiently for him to continue.

- Han Siwon.

- Y-yeah.

A 3rd time he was called out with that name and something didn't sit down well in Taemin's mind. He felt on eager and for the first time since he woke up in the body of Han Siwon, he felt heavily uncomfortable, as though the repeated question was to confirm that it was indeed Han Siwon and each time it felt like he was lying. Far sharper than usually.

His heartbeat rose inexplicably.

Joohoon suddenly took something from his pocket in a swift movement and put in Taemin's right hand, holding it with his both hands.

It was a small knife.

Taemin made a half step back in shock, but was hold in place by Joohoon, who fell that right second on his knees, his hands were trembling though still holding just as tightly.