Ch 38 - Answers pt. 2 (Mother)

Triggers: mention of rape,
self-harm

Taemin looked intently at Jiwook, nervous, worry vibrating around him, ready to jump for action if anything like yesterday was about to happen. Jiwook insisted to talk with his parents in less than a hour that day, but also because now, he asked for the tapes, they could find with the three persons that matched the VIP kidnaper's profile and voice. The hacker run through all his algorithms and the three were what he came up with, and because of their high position and tight security on their private affairs, it was harder to check their backgrounds, especially regarding those kind of things. Not impossible certainly, but it took longer.

Once Jiwook heard the whole deal with their search, he was determined to listen to the tapes and the recording of the kidnapping, hoping to recognize it himself. To help with something.

He was horrified that there was a video recording with what they did to him and more so, felt shamed and humiliated, but somehow, he still took it all in. He almost fell in another seizure, when he found out that Joohoon knew about it and precisely how he looked watching it. Jiwook barely held in and forced himself to calm down, before an attack came. There was too much to be done that day and he had no time to lose with breakdowns.

Taemin, though, was sure that was a bad idea. He tried to make the younger do that another time, but Jiwook was unmovable and now he looked at him shivering, body stiff, nails digging the fabric of his pants, knuckles all white, just as his face and lips bleeding by how hard he bit into it.

That was a very bad idea. This thing, they should do it with a professional, a therapist by Jiwook side. It was dangerous in his state and he could see that it was doing an enormous strain on Jiwook's body and mind.

Yet here he was, giving in to Jiwook's request again and handing him the tapes.

It was a close thing, again. Jiwook barely managed to keep his breathing steady enough to not choke right there, while he listened to the recordings. Taemin put on only the parts the kidnaper spoke, so that the younger wouldn't hear the whole recording. Thanks God he didn't ask about it. Taemin himself wasn't ready to watch or even listen to it any time soon, better never. However, he knew, not watching it was more in thought for Jiwook, because he would always remember it. All of it. What they said and did to him, how he fought. What happened...

What could happen to him, to Yoon Taemin.

- It's really different. Though the voices match somehow, they all sound different from him. It's like it's purposely spoken in a more neutral way. That time, he was speaking higher, sharper, he sounded very annoyed, but at the same time, excited too.

He thought for a moment.

- I think we'll not get much of it... What about... drawing his face? I would try my best to recall and describe it...

Yeah, that was certainly a far more efficient way, but none had wanted to propose it and make Jiwook willingly remember everything. Maybe later but not now. Not then it was only a few days back then he was screaming for help, fighting anyone who tried to approach him.

Even those tapes were already a big risk, and Joohoon will kill him when he'll find out.

He sighed.

- Jiwook, we thought about it, but it's okay to take time. You still aren't fully recovered. As you can see there was no police here since you woke up. The doctors forbid them to talk with you about the case. For a good reason, Jiwook.

- But-

- Jiwook, the psychologist said that under the stress, things could get mix up and there is no way to verify it because you...