Dinner with dad ( edited)

Y/N's POV
It's Friday night and it's the day I meet with my dad to have dinner. It's the first time we've see each other since I've moved out. He said we should get sushi so we are going to Nozu,  I've never eaten there before since I've lived here. I'm getting ready and I wanna look nice so I put on some makeup, a blue button up shirt with a black leather jacket and black jeans with black converse. I put my hair up in a half up half down braid.

   Jades POV
I was already at Nozu because I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to mess this up; I went over the song maybe 20 times and every time the gang said it was great but, I wanted it to be perfect. Y/N was going to be here at around five so my plan was to wait until she was almost done eating so her dad and her could talk. After their deserts come I'm going to come in without her seeing me and I'm going to sing the song I wrote for her then I will ask her to be mine with some roses. Tori came up behind me and said, 

"It's going to be fine Jade you'll do great"

 "but what if she says no" I said.

"SHE WONT" Everybody said at once, I might have asked that question a few too many times.

    Y/N'S POV
My dad picked me up and we were on our way to Nozu on the way he asked me 

"So y/n do you...you know...umm have a crush on a girl yet" he was definitely nervous.

 "Sorry I'm still new to this I'll get used to it" he said, 

 I replied with a smile "actually yes I do have a crush, her name's Jade West I met her at school" 

wow, I've never actually admitted out loud I liked her. He smiled and grabbed my hand, when we finally got there and we ordered our food and talked. We mainly talked about my living situation,

 "So you like living at the Vegas" he asked,

 "Yes I do very much they've been very nice and supportive" I replied,

 he looked happy but sad at the same time. I grabbed his free hand and said, 

"I'm sorry I left dad I just couldn't handle the mental abuse I got from her" He nodded his head understandingly and smiled.

It was nice talking and being with dad it felt great to have him supporting me instead of going by what his religion says is "wrong", how can loving someone be wrong? 

"I understand baby,I just wish it didn't have to be this way; as long as your safe, thats all that matters"my dad said, 

"well, at least you don't have to worry about that, the Vega's make me feel safe and welcome" I replied.

We got our desert and started talking more about school and I was glad because talking about my living situation makes me hurt again and I don't want to hurt anymore. When we were almost done with our desert the lights dimmed down, I looked at my dad confused and he looked at me the same way. Soon Andre came out from the curtains and started playing the guitar, out of the corner of my eye I saw Cat, Beck, Tori and Robbie but I found myself wondering, wheres Jade?

Jades POV
I heard Andre start strumming on his guitar and I was getting more and more nervous finally it was my cue. I came out from behind the corner, walked on the stage and said

 "I've never done anything like this before but I want to do something special for a very special person in my life, she said she wanted to hear me sing so y/n here I am, singing for you"

 Y/N and I were staring at each other and her dad at winked and gave me a thumbs up so I started singing,

"This magic moment

So different and so new

Was like any other

Until I kiss you

 And then it happened

It took me by surprise

I knew that you felt it too

By the look in your eyes

Sweeter than wine

Softer than the summer night

Everything I want, 

I have

Whenever I hold you tight

This magic moment

While your lips are close to mine

Will last forever

Forever, 'til the end of time"

When I finished the song I was shaking so much; Cat ran up to me and handed me the roses. 

My eyes found Y/N's and I asked "Y/N will you be mine" she ran up on the stage wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me, it was just a peck but it lingered. 

She smiled at me and said "yes, yes, yes I would love to be yours Jade West and I would love to call you mine" 

I handed her the roses with tears in my eyes. 

"Jade come with me I want you to meet my dad" Y/N said. 

Oh, no what am I going to say to him, before I could think of anything we were already in front of him.

"Hi Mr y/l/n, my name is Jade West, I am officially, as of just now Y/N's girlfriend, but I would still like your approval" Y/N and her dad smiled and I could tell they were related. 

"You make my daughter happy so I approve of you two dating but, do not hurt her" he said and shook my hand again,I said "don't plan on it sir, she's too special" Y/N started blushing. 

I said to her father "thank you for staying in her life, and making her feel safe" "no problem Jade, you do the same" "I will sir" I replied. 

She hugged and kissed her dad goodbye and we ran off to our best friends hand in hand, god this feels so great to hold her hand finally". 

We went over to Tori and Y/Ns house to watch some movies as we were watching the movie Y/N grabbed my hand and nuzzled into my neck. I was so oblivious I didn't even notice Cat took a picture of us until she sent it to me, I opened it and smiled, Cat smirked at me and I pulled Y/N closer.

 I whispered in her ear just to remind her "you are the most beautiful person in the world, I'm so glad you're finally mine" she blushed and hid her face in my arm.

 "Oh my god guys this is the cutest ever, I can't believe we just came over here and started watching the movie when we should be talking with the new lovebirds over here" Cat said.

 Beck turned off the tv and Andre was the first one to speak "when did you know Y/N liked you Jade" I replied "I honestly didn't really know, I just took a chance".

*Song is 'This magic moment' by the drifters*