35

"Are you ready?" I ask grabbing my purse, just a few minutes ago Emma called me to confirm she will meet all of us at the local diner  

"Yea but you aren't" Houston stands up from my bed to then walk towards me 

"What are you talking about ?" He grabs me by my shoulder, moves me to my body length mirror and turns me around so I am facing him and my back is facing the mirror 

"Your ass is out too much change your jeans" Houston states 

I roll my eyes at him "Houston you are not telling me what I can and cannot wear besides isn't that more of a compliment ?" 

"Yes, but I don't want other men looking at you" 

I like how protective of Houston is of me, but him trying to control what I wear is not going to happen especially since we aren't together.

I ignore him "Lets go" 

Houston is annoyed by the fact that I didn't listen to him, but he let it go. As we walked to the car we had a little argument over who was going to drive but, Houston won when we happened to go inside his car. 

The sun had fallen causing the temperature to drop only a little making we realize we will be approaching September soon "So how long are we staying at the diner?" Houston asked jumping me out of my thoughts. 

I shrugged my shoulders "Are you in a rush?" 

"No but I want to spend time with you" 

"We are spending time with each other Houston" 

"Without your friends being in the way" 

I smile at the fact that Houston wants me to himself "We can hang out after we eat with them and they aren't in the way" 

"Or we can just ditch them and come back to my place" 

I let out a small laugh  "I'm not canceling plans just because you want to be alone with me besides I'm still mad at you" Which is true but I am sure I will get over it soon I just want to tease him a little 

Houston scrunched his eyebrows together "I thought you were giving me a second chance to prove that I am the one for you" 

I liked the way he said "to prove I am the one for you" it creates butterflies in my stomach, I want Houston to show me that we can someday be together, but of course no time soon. My feelings for him are already shooting out of the roof it's just the matter of getting to know each other more. I know there is so much more I need to learn about him and vice versa.

"I am giving you a second chance, but I am still upset" I admit especially since he was with Rebecca but I didn't dare bring it up I don't want to start an argument 

Houston reached for my hand still keeping his eyes on the road as I intertwine my fingers with his "What can I do to change that?" 

"Just don't be an asshole" I admit 

Houston laughed and squeezed my hand a little tighter "I'll try my best not to but I have a very short temper"

No kidding. 

"Yea you proved that earlier today" I say referencing the the incident in the coffee shop 

Houston face goes emotionless once again and doesn't say anything  "Which reminds me, tomorrow I'm going to go check on August " 

"Who?" 

"The guy from the coffee I'm going to see if he's okay"

 "No the fuck you aren't" Houston voice is harsh and blunt