1

I stared at the last brown sealed box sitting on my bed scared that if I picked it up it was official, offical that I was moving on with my life. I let my eyes wonder across the room that has been mine since the day I was born. All of my dance trophies lined up neatly on a self my mom put up herself since I started dancing at the age of five and began classical ballet training at the age of nine. My first pair of ballet shoes hung on the wall over the frame of my bed my ballet photo shoots were placed all over the wall of my room from all ages. The more I looked around my room I saw not much was left in my room since everything was packed in my car, but one thing that still had not been packed was the picture of me and Alvaro sitting on my nightstand. 

The photo of me sitting on Alvaro's lap with his arm wrapped around my thin waist as we both laughed uncontrollably made my heart drop. I couldn't believe that it was over, that we were over. We have been together for two years and only two weeks ago he decided that we needed to let each other go, that painful memory of him ending things between us seemed like it was just yesterday. He came over my house while my mom was at work I was excited to see him like usual, but the minute I saw him I knew something was wrong. His bright smile that he gives me every time he sees me wasn't there, he held his head low and he dug his hands in his pocket with the following sentence "We need to talk" 

The tears forcing themselves out of my eyes were quickly wiped away, I had to keep it together today is an important day for me, but I still took the picture in my hand and stuffed it in my duffle bag hung on my shoulder I couldn't seem to let him go although he already left me.  

"Valentina vamonos !" my mom yelled for me from downstairs 

"I'm coming !" I responded grabbing the brown box and heading out of my room, but made sure to take one more look at it before leaving 

My mom frowned when I aporoched her by the front door  "I can't believe this day is finally here" She sighed and cupped my face into her hands "I am so proud of you mi amor" she whispered while placing a kiss on my cheek making me smile

"Thank you mama" 

"And I am so sorry that I can't make it with you to your first day of college, you know how work is" My mother said with disappointment in her tone I did not want my mom to feel guilty about this not one bit. She is such a hard worker and if it wasn't for her I wouldn't even be going to college to follow my dreams. 

"Mama please don't worry about it you're not missing out on anything it's just move in day, besides I have classes all day tomorrow so I plan on sleeping early tonight" I admitt 

My reasurance made my mother smile knwowing I put her to ease "Okay honey just make sure you visit the dance stuido today and send me pictures !" She laughed 

When I went to visit New State University of Arts with my old high school my mother wasn't able to come because work held her up but I told her how much I fell involve with the school the minute I stepped foot onto that campus. So from then on my mother has been dying to see some pictures of the campus especially the dance studio. New State University of Arts has a huge dance studio I remember stepping inside the studio in being in such awe I couldn't wait to have in class there. 

 "Trust me mama I'll probably go there first rather than my own dorm room" My mother laughed again following with her saying her not wanting to hold me up so she walked me to my silver 2019 corolla my mother got for me as my graduation present and embraced with me with a hug 

I hugged my mother tight not wanting to let her go, even though we are only five hours away and I can drive back home when I want I am going to miss her dearly. She is honestly my best friend the number one person I can count on, it's always been just me and my mother and now that we are being sepreated for the first time in my life pains me. I do my best not to cry and I notice my mom tries to do the same 

"I love you Mama"   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the first chapter of my new story I hope you all enjoyed ! I have been working on this story for a little over a month now so I have many other chapters written for this story that I would love to share! so if it gets enough attention I will slowly be publishing the other chapters I have written ! Btw the girl in the photo above is the main character Valentina Cruz !