4

*****This is the choreography Valentina dances later on in the story !*****

Excitment mixed in with nervousness flooded throughout my whole body as I stepped into the dance studio. There were about eight other girls who were schattered throughout the studio some were on the floor streching, some were streching on the bar, and some were turning on pointe already showing off their skills. There was no way I was going to show off my skills yet without even stretching I will show what I can do once class starts, I placed my dance bag on the floor slipping off my pants and putting on my thin ballet wrap skirt and found an empty spot on the floor to begin streching. 

As I stretched I took the opportunity to take a peek around who my classmates are. There were two things that everybody had in common here, one everybody was focused and had their A game face on and the second thing that they had in common was that they were all white. Now I have nothing against white people but I was the only girl here who wasn't white and I stood out like a sore thumb, some of the girls glanced over at me and I don't know if it was because I stood out or because they wanted to see who their competion was or maybe both.

I made sure to stretch out every inch of my body mostly my ankles, feet and toes. As time went by more girls walked in but the last two people that came in was Rebecca and right by her was our dance teacher. Rebecca was laughing and making conversation with our teacher and the blood in my body boiled "What an ass kisser !" I thought to myself 

"Ass kisser" I heard somebody mumble under their breath 

I looked over and saw a girl who was streched out into an over split who was shaking her head while keeping her eyes focused on Rebecca and the teacher. I let out a small laugh agreeing with what the girl said and the girl smirked at me with from my response. 

"Okay girls !" I heard our dance teacher say clapping her hands together 

All of us including myself quickly stood up from the ground and stood up straight giving our full attention to our new teacher 

"My name is Ms. Reign and I will be your teacher for the next four years here at NSUA" Ms. Reign stated, she was one intimidating women, she had black hair pinned up into a bun, her body is slim and dressed in all black attire. Her features were cold "Although I am looking forward to be working with you all I do not play games this is an intense program and each and every single one of you are lucky to be here in this program" 

Ms. Reign strong deep voice echoed throughout the studio making my stomach do flips "You guys better not be late to class and I don't want any fooling around in my studio is that clear ?" 

"Yes Ms.Reign" The class said in union 

"Now shall we begin ?" Ms. Reign asked "To the bars !" she added 

All of us girls ran to take our place at bar "Nice to see you again Valentina" I heard an annoying sound say to me I looked over and saw Rebecca's sarcastic smile on her face as she speeded past me. I rolled my eyes ignoring her comment and found a place on the bar right behind the girl that called out Rebecca's ass kissing. 

Ms. Reign showed us the bar warm up routine and before I knew it my body was moving to a piano song by Brian Crian my favoirte pianoist. I let my body take over instead of my mind and allowed the music to flow through me and when that happens that's when my best work is done. Once the bar warm ups were done we then did floor warm ups for a few hours at this point we have been dancing for five to six hours with a 30 minute break in between. During class I studied Rebecca and how she dances and I have to say she is a lovely dancer but I expected more. When she dances sometimes her technique could be sort of off but she quickly catches herself and covers it up.  Overall I can understand why the program picked her to be part of the program. 

"Okay girls !" Ms Reign said getting the classes attention "An assignment was given to you before the semester started, you were to show us a solo of your choice so I can see where you are as a dancer"

Ms. Reign was right about this and I have been excited to show my solo for so long. I have worked on this piece for hours making sure I perfected it. This solo has to be one of the most demanding peicies I have ever done and it is the perfect piece to show off.  I have chosen to do "Don Quixote ACT 1 variation". This solo is not only technically demanding, but I have to make sure I am showing the emotion as well. This solo will show off my flexibility, my turns and how nicely I am to control them as well as the speed I can do them at. 

"So who wants to go first ?" Ms. Reign asked and all of our hand went shooting up in the air

Ms.Reign pointed to the girl who called out Rebecca before, she happily walked over to the middle of the dance floor and bowed her head down towards Ms.Reign before getting into her staring postion to dance. This girl was amazing, he jumps were high, her lines were straight and over all her technique was exqusite but even though she was a good dancer she didn't stand out to me. 

Next was Rebecca and I made sure to study her. When Rebecca started I couldn't believe my eyes and how amazing she was, her height allowed her to have amazing long straight legs when she kicked up and did leaps. Her turns were sharp and fast and her flexabltiy was insane, I can't lie I was a bit intimidated by her tranining but I know I am good, better than good. As time passed at the other girls have done their solos and they were all good dancers but non of them compared to Rebecca or me and then next thing I knew I was last. 

"Valentina Cruz isn't it ?" Ms. Reign asked as she examined me harshly 

"Yes" I answered bowing my dead down to her as well as giving her a small curtsy 

"And what do you have prepared today ?" Ms.Reign asked her voice echoed through the studio which was very intimaditing. Ms.Reign didn't have the most friendless face she hasn't cracked a smile since she has been here

"Don Quixote act 1 variation" I stated I heard slight gasps coming from the other girls 

Ms.Reign lifted her head slight, she seemed amused by the piece I was about to preform "That solo is very difficult to perform" 

I went into starting postion to begin my solo "And I am prepared" 

Ms.Reign looked at me as if I were out of mind for even trying to dance this piece but she played the music and I immdidealty began. The intensity in the music made my body feel like it was on fire but in the best way possible. I did my best not to think too much into it because then I could mess up, as I danced I let the music flow through me and let my body take over and did exactly that. I made sure my leaps were high, made sure my legs were striaght, made sure I showed off my amazing flexablity and how pretty my feet are when I danced. Then it was time for the final part that makes the whole dance. As I consistently did my turns from one corner of the room to the other corner of the studio I made sure my turns were fast and sharp making sure I didn't fall out of my turns and I made it to the other corner of the room turning perfectly, I felt how well I kept everything neat and controlled. 

Next thing I knew there was an applause coming from the girls even Rebecca but something about her facial expression rubbed me the wrong way. I wasn't expecting an applause did I do that good ?