2

*****This is a picture of Emma*****

The drive to NSUA wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Although I hit some traffic the ride was easy, I blasted music the entire time and even talked to my friend Adelina for an hour of my drive.  She was also on her way to her dream college for move in day and thought we could kill time by speaking to each other.  She arrived to school first so that's what ended our conversation once I finally arrived at school there were tons of students and parents walking in and out of the dorm buildings holding bulky bags and boxes reminding me that my mother wasn't with me, but I understood why. 

It took me sometime to find parking but I am hoping it only took a while since it's move in day. I sat in my car contemplating about visiting the dance stuido or start settling in to my doorm room until I recieved a text message from Emma *Are you here yet ? it's 30 min past move in time!* Emma is my new roommate who I actually met on instagram, NSUA had an account for people to meet others who were in need of roommates Emma was the one who actually found and reached out to me. All you had to do was send the NSUA a picture of yourself and talk about who you are and what kind of roommate you are looking for. 

Emma and I have been talking the whole summer and doing our best to know each other so nothing is weird or awkward when we finally meet. Emma is a first year just like me and is such a sweet heart and beautiful girl. She has dark green eyes but hides them with her trendy glasses, she has blonde hair and has a cute little body shape that she likes to show off on instagram. She can be a party girl at times but knows how to sepreate that with school and makes sure she has more than enough time for school. I respond with *Just arrived I'll see you soon!*

The text that I sent to Emma pretty much made up my mind that I will be settling in to my room first before checking out the dance studio. I grab one box from my trunk struggling to hold the box while walking through crowds of people as well as struggling to find my dorm. I felt like a hot mess.

"Oh my god I can't believe we are finally meeting !" Emma greets me with a huge smile once I found my dorm

"It's about time right ?" I laughed placing my box on the floor and that gave Emma the opprotunity to wrap her arms around me and I do the same 

"Sooo what do ya think ?" Emma playfully says letting go of me and pointing to our room 

I look around the small dorm room, there are two bed on each side of the room and a window at the end of our room. I am assuming Emma's bed is on the left since all of her things are on it. The room is pretty plain and boring overall

I shrug my shoulders "It will do I guess" 

"I know it's boring right ?" Emma says practically reading my mind or maybe my facial expressions gave it away I am often told my face always shows what I am thinking "That's why I was thinking this weekend we could go shopping to decorate the room it has potential" Emma added 

I nodded my head "I'm all for it" 

Emma helped me with the rest of my boxes and even helped me unpack giving us the chance to talk even more which I didn't mind at all. Emma always has something to say and it's always intresting she is far from boring.  

"What do you have planned for the day?" Emma asked once we finished unpacking my things 

"I was actually thinking about going to check out the dance studio" I say 

Emma eyes widden "That's right your in the ballet program right ?" 

I nod my head "Wow that's amazing only twenty people are choosen to be in the program" Emma said 

I smile at the fact that she realizes that I must be a good dance to get in to such a hard program and she wouldn't be wrong if she did think that. It feels like all of my dance career I have been training for this day the plan that I made with my mom was to get a college degree in arts and get into a good dance company to become a principle ballet dancer. I have trained over eight hours a day to become the dancer that I am today, I was home schooled for elementary school so I can focus on training but when high school came around I begged to go a regular high school. My mom hated the idea of it, but agreed only if I attend a private high school that has professional ballet training as well as attending outside dance training. 

"Well I will join you I hear the dance studio is beautiful" Emma says standing up from her bed and heading out the room and I follow behind her excited that she found sort of an intrest in my career goal. The walk over to the dance studio was long but exciting I was trying to wrap my mind around the fact that everyday I will be walking this exact path to dance and everyday I will be stepping closer to the principle dancer that me and my mom dream about.

When Emma and I arrived to the ballet building there was a grey and white empty reception desk so we walked past it and went up a few flight of stairs that led us to what I have been dying to see 

"Look at this place" I whispered in amazement,

Although I have been in here before seeing this place was like seeing it for the first time. The ballet studio was huge ! By far the biggest studio I have ever been in and I have been in many dance studios in my life. The floor was a solid dark grey color but the walls were pale pink with a few white windows around the studio. Mirrors took up half the wall on one side and on the other side there were the long brown ballet bars. I even looked up towards the high ceiling that had a crystal chandelier bung over it, there was even a nice white piano that sat in the corner of the studio" 

"It's so nice in here !" Emma expressed and from the look in her gleaming eyes she was in awe just like I was the first time I stepped in here

I pulled my phone from out of my pocket and began to take pictures of the studio to send to my mom, I even took a picture of Emma doing a terrible arabesque to tease me but I found it funny. Then she took a picture of me doing a proper clean arabesque.

"Im glad im not the only one who couldn't wait to get their feet in the studio" I heard an unfamilar voice say which made Emma and I quickly turn around to spot a tall slender girl with her brown hair in a long, silky, shiny ponytail. Her cheek bones were pronounced allowing her cheeks to be sucked in, I examined her skinny body and immediately I knew she was a dancer. 

"Yea my friend Valentina here couldn't wait to see the place" Emma explained for me, the girl snapped her eyes towards me and slightly smiled 

"Ballet program ?" She asked and I answered with a nod "Well my name is Rebecca and this is Houston" She said placing her hand on somebody's shoulder. I looked to see who she was touching and there stood a taller guy who was stoned face, I was too focused on my competition to even notice there was somebody next to Rebecca in the first place. 

I glaced over at the guy then back at Rebecca "So I'm guessing your in the program too?" I was pretty sure of the answer, but I needed confirmation 

Rebecca nodded slowly "Yup I am, I guess I will be seeing your more often then Valentina" she said as if she was threatening me, but I wasn't fazed what so ever. My mom prepared me for exactly this there are going to be people who are going to try to sike me, but I won't let them get the best of me I have worked too hard for many years to get where I am at now and nobody is going to mess this up for me 

A sarcastic smile came over my face and crossed my arms over my chest "I guess so Rebecca" 

Rebecca's annoying smirk left her face "It was nice meeting both of you" She said but her tone and facial experession said other wise, she turned on the balls of her foot and walked out the studio. The boy looked between Emma and I before rolling his eyes and following behind Rebecca 

"I hate tension" Emma said shaking her head once it was only us to again 

"Me too but I am in a competitive environment It's destined to happen" I replied 

It's true ballet dancers all have the same goal and that's to be the best. 

"Thank god I am only an English major" Emma laughed and I joined with her