3

Too much was running through my mind to get any proper sleep. I was thinking about how nervous I was for my first day of classes, was I going to do well ? Are my classes going to be in the way of dance ? Are the dancers in the program better than me ? Is Rebecca better than me ? I will just have to wait and see, then Alvaro slipped into my mind and how much I missed him. I let my mind wonder about the memories we had together as I stared the the framed picture of us and once again I was crying but made sure I wasn't crying too loud to wake Emma who was sound asleep the whole night. What made my night even worse was that I was in a new enviornmet I had never been outside of my home town before, when my alarm went off at 7:00 for 8 am classes I was sure I only got an hour of sleep two the most. 

I quickly got up out of bed grabbed my toiletry bag and went into the public bathroom, that is something I definitely need to get use to. I was lucky that in our dorm building the bathrooms were seperated between girls in boys I know it other buildings both girls and boys have to share. While I took a shower I thought about how my day was going to be planned out. I have english first period, math, bio and then pretty much the rest of my day was going to be filled with ballet classes. Although I was nervous I was excited and couldn't wait to get my day started. 

Once I was done showering I went back to my dorm room and Emma was up as well applying makeup to her face. We greeted each other with "Good morning" and I continued to get ready. I put on dark blue ripped jeans a white t-shirt with a grey zip up hoddie. I then quickly dried my curly hair put some products in to kept the curls defined and I was ready to go. 

"Have a good first day and I'll see you in Bio !" Emma called out to me as I was leaving the dorm, I wished her good luck as well and headed out. Last night Emma and I found out that we had the same Bio class and we couldn't have been more excited. As I walked around campus looking for my class room I got a text from my mom wishing me good luck I thanked her and sent her the pictures that I took in the studio last night. Minutes later I found my class and quickly took a seat in the middle of the room. My phone buzzed again and I was surpised to who texted me, it was Alvaro *Good luck on your first day of school, kick ass in Ballet*

My heart began to race when I saw that he texted me, I couldn't believe he was even talking to me, the last time we spoke was when he broke up with me. Is this him reaching out to me ? Or is he just being nice ? I was so egar to text him back to thank him and ask if we could stay in touch but as my fingers were about to touch the screen of my phone I huffed in annoynce and placed my phone back in my bag. I can't let him distract me, I need to stay focoused on everything I can't let him hang over my head I have other things to worry about. Even though I missed him like hell I have to leave him behind just like he did to me. 

Class went by pretty fast english is actually my favorite subject in school so I was interested the whole time in class. Then it was math and that class dragged of course being it is my least favorite subject, I am not too bad at it but it does take me some time to acutally grasp the material then came Bio and I couldn't be more exicted knwoing I would see Emma. I was excited to hear how her day has been going to so far, As I waited for Emma arrive to Bio I stared at the text message on my phone that Alvaro had sent to me a few hours ago. I knew I wasn't going to text him back but it still amazed me how he still reached out to me knowing that we both left on bad terms. 

"I heard this teacher doesn't allow phones in class" I heard someone whisper behind me. I jumped a little in my seat from the fact that this person scared the hell out of me and I qucikly whipped my head back to see a boy leaning towards me

"Um okay?" I said with confusion 

The guy smirked at me and leaned back into his seat "I thought it was you" 

Huh? I thought  "Do I.. know you? I questioned 

"You don't remember me ? It's only been a day" The guy said his lips were still pulled into a sly smirked and I was already growing annoyed by him 

I stared at him trying to figure out who he is but nothing came to mind "You must have me confused with somebody else"

"It's Valentina right?" the unfamialr guy asked 

I was taken back. He didn't have me confused with somebody else he knew my name but I still couldn't figure out who he was "Huston right ?" I looked next to me and there sat Emma who just walked in and was unpacking her bags 

The guy smiled and pointed at Emma "See she remembers" 

"I could never forget a cute face" Emma casually said her comment made the guy smile but it also made me pay closer attention to the guy Huston's features. He had dirty blond wavy hair, thick eyebrows, beautiful blue grey eyes that were intense, a sharp jaw structures and full pink lips. I even noticed he had a huge tattoo on his right hand of an angel and on each finger he had a letters on them that spelled "STAY" but I had to agree with Emma he is a cute guy but not my type mainly because just from the looks of it he isn't of Latin blood. 

Emma comment made Huston cheeks blush through his fair skin but he laughed it off and looked away but then it all clicked to me how Huston knows me. Rebecca introduced him to Emma and I yesterday in the studio, but I didn't even acknowledged the guy I was too focused on Rebecca and how her body shape was slimmer than mine which is better for her she has the ideal ballerina body shape and that bothered me. 

I turned right back around in my seat and put my phone away in my bag. Before class started Emma told me how her day was going so far, she was really enjoying her classes but said she needed a nap ASAP and I couldn't agree more. I told her about my day and about Alvaro she basically said fuck him and ignore him,  before the semester started I told Emma about our relationship so she was caught up with everything and she understood where I was coming from. 

Minutes later class had finally started and Emma and I focused. Bio is also one of my strongest suits in school mostly because I find it interesting, when class was over I knew this was it .. ballet class the real deal. I had an hour to kill before class started so I had time to go back to my dorm to get ready and that's eaxctly what I did. I said my goobyes to Emma since she still had another class left and I rushed off. When I got to my room I pratically ripped off my clothes and put on my black long sleeve leotard that showed all of my back and I slipped on some gret sweatpants for now. 

I then brushed up my curly hair into a slicky neat bun and packed my dance bag with my flats and my pointe shoes along with my other dance nessities. I looked at myself in the body lengeth mirror on my side of the room and I finally recognized this person, this person means business and I will do everything I need to make it to the top.