5

I breathed heavily in and out as I stayed in my ending dance postion while the studio was filled with applauses and smiles across the girls face all except Ms.Reign who still had that stone cold expression on her face. I couldn't tell if she hated my solo or loved it, it was an intense, perplex look.

"How many times have you preformed this peice ?" Ms.Reign said as her voiced boomed off the walls of the stuido 

I quickly stood up straight and made sure to look Ms.Reign in her eyes "This will be first time" 

Ms.Reign eyes squinted at me as if she was trying to figure out if I was lying or not but I wasn't this was my first time preforming this piece "That dance is an advanced solo only principle dancers are capable of dancing it and perfecting it, and you managed to almost perfect it with only a few weeks of learning it ? Is that what you are trying to tell me?" 

I didn't know how to respond I wasn't sure if she was complimenting or scolding me or maybe even both "I have just practiced very hard on this solo and have trained hard for many years" I said practically whispering,  scared I would the wrong thing. 

Ms.Reign continued to stare me down "Very well then" She then turned her attention to the rest of class "We will continue tomorrow, do not be late" she said sternly, the class including myself bowed at Ms.Reign and scattered off to gather the rest of my belongings. 

As I pulled out my sweatpants from my bag and unraveled the skirt wrap from my waist to put my pants on I didn't know whether or not be proud of my performance. I felt like I nailed it and I did get a good reaction from my other classmates, but my dance teacher had made me feel otherwise. I have had strict teachers before and they were straight forward about if I was doing well or not, but Ms.Reign was different. I wasn't sure what she thought about me she didn't give any feedback to me or any of the other students. What kind of teacher does that?

Once I was ready to go I began to walk towards the door to exit the studio and as my eyes were focused on leaving there I saw Huston leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed against his chest and he made it obvious he was looking at me. I expected him to look away when I caught him looking at me but he didn't he continued to gleam his small squinted eyes at me and I quickly became uncomfortable. I began to slow down my pace to make sure I didn't have to pass by him and as I did this I felt a small gust of wind fly past me. It was Rebecca running past me and leaping into the arms of Huston. 

He caught her with only one arm hugging around her then putting her down and they both walked off

"Don't listen to Ms.Reign you were amazing !" I looked over to the girl who wasn't found of Rebecca either smiling from ear to ear showing off her white straight teeth. 

I returned the smile "Thank you, you were good too" 

Maddie continued to smile and shruged her shoulders "I was rusty, I'm Madison but you can call me Maddie" 

I wonder what she meant by rusty I didn't think she was that bad of a dancer "Nice to meet you Maddie" 

"You too ...?" 

"Valentina" 

"Valentina.. hey if you ever want to practice together just let me know" Maddie said 

I nodded my head "I will" 

When I got back to my dorm room I saw Emma curling her hair, she was wearing a red lace bodysuit with black jeans, heels and bright red lipstick she looked pretty "Where you off to?" I asked as I placed my dance bag on the floor and flopped on my bed, my feet were killing me