15

I had an hour to kill before ballet started. I wanted to call Adelina and tell her the updates with Alvaro, but my thoughts were too absorbed of Huston and how I needed to escape from him before he could try to drag me to hang out with him later on. Maybe I could leave class early and avoid him, but Ms.Reign would definitely scowled me about leaving class in front of everybody and I don't want to be embarrassed. Besides I can't afford to miss any time of class, I sighed at the fact that I feel like a child finding ways to avoid a boy, a boy who doesn't mean a thing to me, this whole thing just seems immature. 

I was only wearing my white leotard with baggy sweatpants over it and just as I was about to put my straighten hair that Emma did for me the other night into a bun there was a knock at the door. Did Emma leave her keys ? I wondered scanning the room to see where she might have left her keys as I walked over to the door to open it and when I did I immediately regretted it.

Huston was leaning on the door frame of my dorm room door and had nothing but a serious expression on his face "Um yeah ?" I asked 

"I'm taking you to ballet" he stated and pushed his way into my room and began to look around, I felt anger boil through my body as I watched him inspect my room.

"You need to get out" I said as sternly as possible 

Huston turned to face me and once again he made it obvious that he was looking at me up and down making me feel uncomfortable, Huston eyes met up with mine and smiled  "You have an hour until dance right?" 

How does he even know that? Well he does hang out with Rebecca 

"I don't have dance today" I lied hoping that would cause him to leave 

"Then what's with the outfit?" He asked wiggling his long finger at me 

I rolled my eyes "fine you got me" I say sarcastically "Now leave you aren't taking me to dance" 

Huston kept the smug on his face "Then how will you get to class?" 

"Like every other day, walk" I answered with frustration in my tone. Reasons like this is why Huston annoys me 

"Why when you have me Vally?" His tone was mocking 

"I'm not gonna rely on you to take me class now please leave" 

Huston didn't say anything, he began walking towards the door, I was happy that he has finally decided to leave, but instead he shut the door and went back to sit on my bed "Like I said I'm taking you to class" 

"Why are you so persistent?! I don't want you around !" I shouted

Huston smug left his mouth and instead it turned into a beautiful stone cold face. Although he infuriates me I can't help but admit how beautiful his features are "Because I get what I want Vally" 

"What is it that you want Huston so you can leave me alone !" I said throwing my hands in the air 

"You" he calmly stated 

I let out a caustically laugh "You are really funny" 

Huston leaned back to lay on his elbows "And why is that Vally?" 

"One stop calling me Vally that is not my name and two what makes you think I want you? And I have boyfriend" Of course I don't have a boyfriend but that my goal is to be with Alvaro again and Huston needs to know that 

Huston was no longer smiling, he stood silent for a few seconds "That's not what Emma told me" 

"You speak to Emma about me?" I asked in disbelief 

"So are you lying to me?" Huston asked completely ignoring my questions like he always does 

"No" I lied 

Huston rolled his eyes "So I am guessing you got back together with your ex?" What has Emma told this guy?! Did she tell him about Alvaro, Emma and I need to have a conversation 

"That's the plan" I said 

Huston squinted his eyes "Which one is it Valentina are you single or not" He asked sternly 

Huston is out of his mind if he thinks he can talk and act this way to me I barely know the guy and here is laying on my bed acting like he has known me longer "I don't know what Emma told you but it's none of your damn business you need to get out now !" I shouted 

Huston was beyond mad, his eyes were no longer soft and innocent like they usually are they were now filled with irritation and distress. Next thing I knew he pushed himself off my bed and walked out my room slamming the door shut behind him causing me to jump. Good I'm glad he's gone now he can leave me alone now since he knows  that I am interested in somebody else, I looked at the time and still noticed I had plenty of time to kill. 

I grabbed my phone and called the last person I should be talking to 

"Valentina ?" I heard the familiar voice say 

I felt a smile creep up on my face to the sound of his voice "Hi Alvaro" 

"Como estas?" Alvaro asked 

"I'm fine and you?" 

"Todo es bueno" He replied, I always loved the way Alvaro talked to me in Spanish it was sexy as hell, Huston could never. 

"Eso es bueno escuchar, look I'm calling because I want to say sorry for how everything went down on the phone the other day" I explained 

"Yea I am sorry too, I was a jerk I should have went about everything a different way I was trying to reach out to you because I made a mistake" 

"What mistake Alvaro?" 

Alvaro sighed "Breaking up with you, I want you back" 

I was expecting this to happen but not so soon I couldn't be happier that Alvaro wanted the same thing I did I have missed him so much, and I want him around "I have missed talking to you and being around you I need you Valentina I love you" 

Hearing him say he loves me was like music to my hears "I love you too"

"So does this mean we are back together ?" Alvaro asked 

"I want to be with you I really do but I am a dancer, dancing is my life and always will be and it will consume most of my time I need you to understand that if you want to be with me" I have to be real with him, he told me ballet is what broke us up, but he has to know that dancing comes first before anything 

Alvaro sighed "Really Valentina ?" 

"que?" I asked 

"You know how I feel about you and dancing" 

I was highly confused "You know I am in college for ballet right ? I am not going to give that up" 

"Look I don't have problem with you dancing, just don't put that over me" He explained 

"Ballet needs my full attention especially now" 

"Just think about it ok? " Before I could even answer the phone call ended, what was there to think about ? I am not quitting ballet for a relationship and Alvaro needs to accept that, I wanted to call him back and tell him I am not giving up ballet for him, but instead I decided not to.  It will cause an argument and I don't need to be stressed before dance. I put my phone on my bed and began to put my hair in a tight neat bun and laid down for the remaining time I had left before I had to go to ballet.