Chapter 24

Everybody needs inspiration

Everybody needs a song

A beautiful melody, when the night's so long

'Cause there is no guarantee, that this life is easy

As soon as our picked wedding song played ay agad na akong hinawakan ng mga magulang ko sa dalawang braso ko. My dream wedding has finally arrived, and here I am -- teary-eyed because of the happiness that I am having right now.

Yeah, when my world is falling apart

When there's no, light to break up the dark

That's when I, I, I look at you

White, with bright crystals around it, is the theme of my tube-style wedding gown. No one can ever express how happy and fulfilled I am right now because of this day and to the succeeding years that Xander and I will be having.

When the waves are flooding the shore

And I can't find my way home anymore

That's when I, I, I look at you
Slowly, I am walking down the aisle of the red carpet that had white and red roses already on it. Pinipigilan ko lang ang mga luha na dapat bumaba at pati na rin ang kaba na nadarama ko ngayon. Indeed, an indescribable day for me.

When I look at you, I see forgiveness, I see the truth

You love me for who I am like the stars hold the moon

Right there where they belong

And I know I'm not alone

As I walked down the aisle... I saw a lot of people in their signature white and red coats and dresses. Smiling at me and mouthing at words at me that it means a lot. I can also see my cousins, aunts and other relatives of mine here, inside this big church.  

Yeah, when my world is falling apart

When there's no light to break up the dark

That's when I, I, I look at you

The time comes when I caught Xander looking at me like I am the only woman in the world. My heart melted and at the same time, he mouthed 'I love you' to me. On his side was his father carrying Lexus and smiled after I saw that.

When the waves are flooding the shore

And I can't find my way home anymore

That's when I, I, I look at you

My heart literally skipped a beat when I realized that we finally reached the end of the aisle. Nag-mano pa si Xander kay Mama at Papa at saka idinako ang tingin sa akin. "You are the most beautiful, my Wife." He offered his hand and I held it.

Sabay kaming humarap sa pari at bago pa siya mag-salita ay ninakawan muna niya ako ng halik sa pisngi. Napahagikhik naman ang mga tao sa paligid namin. "Xander!" bulong ko.

"My dear beloved, we are all gathered together here in the sight of God, to witness together and join Xander Marc Del Valle and Zaira Leigh Garcia's holy matrimony." The priest started. "Which is commanded to be honorable among all men and therefore, is not by any to be entered into unadvised or lightly, but recently, discretely, advisedly and solemnly." I felt Xander's hand held mine tighter. "Into this holy estate, these two people present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace."