Chapter 12- Tea over tears

Sorry this has taken such a while to upload. It's finally the holidays! yay! I hope you like this chapter! It was actually kinda difficult writing it and I don't even know why but i'm happy with it:) 

Liv

xoxo

A week had flow past, easily. Niall with me a lot of the time, and we had had great fun, what, with the occasional ice cream outings, bike rides, festivals and nights at his; he was the highlight of everything; Niall has grown to be my everything. Rehersals, on the other hand, hadn't really improved much. Thinking about it made my throat tighten. Danielle helped me as much as she could; that is, when i wasn't out. But i'd thought hard about what the dance instructor had told me last monday. About having to concentrate on what's important. I groaned and threw my face in my hands. Danielle was right. I should be practising more.

"Is anyone there?" i heard a familiar voice behind the front door, followed by a few knocks.

"Danielle!" i exclaimed, suddenly rising from my dining chair and peeking through the keyhole to find a distortioned head of a girl with messy brown hair.

"Hey! How ar- ...Danielle? Are you okay?" 

She stood in front of the door, an emotionless expression hovering over her face. Her mascara run slightly on the side of her eyes, her normally perfectly styles curls drooping over the sides of her face.

Danielle bit her lip before jumping into my arms, bursting into tears. I wrapped my arms tightly around her neck, not knowing what to do. What had happened? I was about to ask before she pulled away, pulling the most tragic and heart-broken expression i'd ever seen on her face... wait a minute... heart broken? It coudn't be...

"Did Liam break up with you?" I asked softly, pulling her back into an affectionate embrace. Danielle hiccuped, stuttering and trying to form an answer.

"Th-th-at's the worst p-p-part" She whimpered, sniffling. "I b-b-broke up with h-h-him" And she cried even harder. I sighed, before placing my hand sympatheticaly on her back, leading her into my house. This wasn't going to be easy.

"Come on. It's freezing out here" 

Danielle nodded, wiping her nose across her sleeve. We entered into the warm house and slowly trotted up the stairs to my bedroom. As soon as we went inside, Danielle threw herself on my bed, her face passive and expressionless.

I went to sit next to her, offering some tea. Danielle smiled sweetly as I poured the clear light brown liquid in a Winni the Pooh mug and adding milk to my own.

"Okay, Dannie. Tell me what happened, love," I stated, taking a sip from the hot liquid, nearly burning my tongue in the process. Danielle nodded took in a deep breath, wiping the mascara running across her cheeks. I smiled and handed her a kleenex which she thankfully took.

"You're perfect" She said in a small voice, wiping her eyes with the tissue. I chuckled lightly, kissing her cheek.

"I know. Now explain or we'll be at it for hours, if not years" 

Danielle laughed quietly, shaking her head. "Alright. I don't know where to start. I did it on impulse... Paige, I love him. I really do. And I don't say this often to guys I date, but Liam's... I don't know, different isn't the right word. There's just something about him, y'know. Anyway, today I was scrolling through my twitter page, and... and... I saw some comments people were making about me. I lost it, Paige. It was easy to ignore at first, but then you start believing what people say and then you... lose it. I can't take it anymore..." Danielle exhaled, her eyes losing focus.