Chapter 22- Endless laughs and sweet goodnights

The cool wind blew softly and the lampposts glowed a dull yellow on the narrow streets. Other than that, the night was perfectly still as Niall and and I slowly walked with our fingers interlocked and  our arms gently brushing up against each other every few seconds. We had just spent an hour down at Port Hemmings feeding each other Nando's and cracking jokes, watching the sun dissapear. The moment truly had been magical. 

"...And then the hotel manager called and saw the pieces of food thrown everywhere in the shower. We denied it, but I think they knew it was us. Louis began the whole thing though, so I guess it's his fault," Niall exclaimed, grinning. 

"Obviously," I chuckled, shaking my head. "He's a laugh. You must be so happy," I smiled.

"Yeah... the boys are great," Niall gently pulled up the corners of his lips, letting go of my hand and wrapping his arm around my waist, planting a quick kiss on my temple. I fluttered my eyes shut and enjoyed the comfortable silence, hearing only the cars in the distance and the waves crashing against the shore nearby. 

"Paige?" Niall suddenly asked, disturbing the previous silence.  I turned my head to look at him, seeing his eyes twinkle in the moonlight like they had the first time I'd met him. 

"Yeah?" 

"Can I ask you something?"  

"Well you didn't give me much of a choice there,"  I smiled sheepishly. 

Niall chuckled quietly. "But seriously," his tone turned grave again. "I just... I can't get it out of my mind... And I just want to know the truth. I don't care what the truth is because I trust you. But... I just want to know," Niall said cautiously.

"What is it?" I asked curiously. Niall's grip tightnened around my waist.

"That photo... That she gave me... Was it real?" He asked.  I looked up at him.

"It was," I said. "But not at all what you think it is,"  

An expression of confusion washed over Niall's face. 

"What do you mean?"

"Well... The photo is what you think it is in a sense, I guess. But it's dated two years ago. She just changed the date," I told him and immediately saw the relief on the other boy's face. "The story behind it is actually rather funny," I continued, "Second year of college and Damian started being confused on whether he liked boys or girls. I mean, he knew he was attracted to boys already, but I guess he wanted to make sure. It was at one of Annie's parties that year that Damian was unsure whether to go along with the girl that was flirting with him or not... He just felt a bit lonely I think. I basically gabbed him and kissed the life out of him. That kinda settled it and I doubt he enjoyed it much. I guess a photo was taken at the wrong time..." 

Niall smiled, sighing. "That... That just made things a hundred times better," he said in awe.

"Why, what did Annie tell you?" I asked. Niall slid both his arms around my waist and turned me around, planting a soft, passionate kiss on my lips.

"Let's just forget bout it for now, eh?," he suggested as he pulled away from the kiss, grinning. "I'm just glad to have you back in my arms again... So glad,"

I giggled, bringing my lips to his once more and grabbed Niall's hair, causing a gentle moan to escape his lips. Niall's hands roamed down my back to my bum and he suddenly lifted me up, and I wrapped my legs around his waist, allowing him to access a better angle of my lips. I giggled into the kiss as he backed carefully and leaned against a wall. I travelled my hands up his torso, underneath is shirt, feeling the hot skin pulse underneath my the pads of my fingers.