Chapter 15- riots and riddles

Hey guys! I'm glad some of you are enjoying my story; it really means a lot. It makes me happy that you guys aren't just saying "upload" all the time and actually commenting on the story. It makes me really happy:) anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter. And also, I'm hoping to finish this story by mid-April some time, so stick around for new chapters! Livs xx

"Well... are you coming?" she asked.  

"At least let me finish my food," I grumbled. I then glared at her for a good ten seconds as I devoured my chicken, earning uncomfortable glances from Annie. A walk with me? That's what she wanted? Then let her have it. Let her spill out whatever she had to say. I wiped my mouth with a serviette and stood up abruptly. Annie stood up too and gave me a small, nervous smile. 

"Let's go," she said and intended on taking my arm but I pulled away instantly.

The sun glowed gently, making Annie's hair turn gold as she walked in the sunlight. Just like Paige's, i thought. Except Paige's hair turned this sparkling copper-like colour which made her look like a red head. I smiled absent-mindidely, remembering when- 

"So," Annie started, interrupting my thoughts and adjusting her short pleated skirt as we strolled across the grass and then found a bench to sit on. "What do you want to know about her?" She asked. I glared into her brown eyes. 

"You said you had something specific to tell me," I stated. Annie shrugged. 

"Well, that too. But I know lots more,"  

"Just get on with it," I urged, her cheap floral scent travelling into my nose, making me want to vomit. Paige at least had the decency to wear none or just a bit of nice perfume, like her Chanel one when we went out- 

"You don't really enjoy my presence, do you?" Annie suddenly exclaimed and I spun my head to face her, surprised by this sudden outburst.  

"Not really, no," I admitted, not caring an ounce about what she thought of me. Annie nodded her head slowly as if she were analysing me.  

"Well that's going to change," she said. I turned my head to face her again. 

"And why's that?" I asked. A smirk slowly grew on Annie's lips. 

"You think Paige is all perfect and butterflies, don't you?"  

Seeing as I didn't reply, Annie continued. 

"So, Last year Paige was dating James, one of the hottest guys in college; long story short, after he realised that Paige was using Damian as a "friends for benefits" thing when he caught them making out, they broke up. Apparently James tdidn't satisfy her enough," she said rolling her eyes. "Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that Paige is dating... Or at least using... Damian still today. This means that she doesn't deserve you. You deserve someone faithful, pretty, and funny. Like me, for example," she suggested simply, shrugging.

"Are you fucking insane?" I demanded and Annie looked taken aback.

"Fine," she stated. "You don't believe me? I had a feeling this would be the case. Which is why I have proof,"

I fumed with anger on the inside as she rummaged through her (probably fake) Louis Vuitton handbag. She then fished out a printed photograph and handed it to me with a smug look on her face. I immediately took it and my mouth hung agape as I did.

"This isn't real," I argued, more to myself. 

"It is," Annie said. 

Paige wouldn't ever do that! Especially if she were dating someone at the same time! 

"Look on the back," Annie suggested and I did as I was told; it was dated three days ago. Does that mean...?

"No. Paige wouldn't cheat on me!" I cried out, feeling my ears turn red with frustration and my throat thicken. 

Annie cocked her head sideways, lifting her eyebrows and smacking her bright red lips together. 

"Alright. Then explain this. Why has Paige been ignoring you all week? What could make her so "busy" that she can't even bloody text you anymore!"

I opened my mouth to reply but then shut it. For the first time that I saw Annie today, I was speechless. How did she know? Was Paige really cheating on me? How could she! I trusted her. I thought we had something special...

Annie smiled childishly and stood up.

"Well, I'll leave you to figure out your options. In the mean time... Here's my number," she said and gave me a small pink card and an air kiss before walking away undeniable proud.

*Paige's POV* ~back to the present (a day later)~

I called Niall as soon as Liam left, only to find his soothing voice suggesting for me to leave a message after the beep. Sighing frustrated, I sent him a text instead.

Hey Nialler- pls answer. Miss u& Love you. Paige:) xxx

Even twenty minutes later, there was no reply. Why wasn't he replying? I sighed sadly before walking into the bathroom to get changed and rehearse for the performance tomorrow. This was going to be a long night...

***

"You're on in ONE... TWO..." 

My heart thundered against my chest and I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins.  

"LITTLE MIX," The deep announcer exclaimed, and the crowd cheered. I took my position, the blinding light flicking on. This is it. I'm dancing in front of 600 thousand people. This is my dream. The music started and we immediately begun, the synchronised bodies moving along to the music. My muscles shook, the sweat dripping down my face. I couldn't see anymore. It was all blurry. I can't move. I've forgotten the routine. What is this routine? We never practiced it. I never practised it. The spotlight shined right at me and the audience laughed; 600 thousand people, my mother, the boys, Damian... Niall; they all burst out laughing out of mockery as-

I whipped my eyes open, my breathing ragged and heavy. Whimpering, I sat up, feeling my burning cheeks. I let out a single sob and flicked the light on on my bedside table, reassurance washing over me as I made out the familiar furniture of my bedroom. And that's all it took; whether it was the undeniable nervousness that dominated my body or the fact that I missed Niall as if I hadn't seen him in years, helpless tears cascaded down my cheeks as the sobs escaped my mouth uncontrollably. I buried my face in my pillow, staining it with my salty tears before feeling a strange sort of nauseous feeling in my throat. Oh no. I immediately threw my covers off before sprinting to the bathroom, the thick, acidic substance escaping my mouth the instant I reached the toilet. The tears kept falling as I vomited, before I heard the door behind me open. 

"Paige, it's okay. I'm here," my mother reassured me as she squatted behind me, holding my head. I kept sobbing, not even knowing the reason for it as my mother stroked my hair, before pulling me into a tight, warm hug. 

"It'll be okay," she whispered.

Aw.. poor Paige. and omg don't you hate Annie? Cus' I do! Who should play her? I really have no idea! If you can think of an actress or a singer with blonde hair, brown eyes and is kinda slutty (lol) enlighten me! Xx