Prologue

So i've decided to start writing a new story because 1. I don't like the idea of Nine Years Later and 2. I'm really close to finishing Direction of Dreams. Obviously, i'm not sure i'll continue with this one, but please tell me if you like it :) This one is much more realistic than any other stories i've written so far, and the writing has better quality to it.

Liv xx

Prologue

"Alright everyone, that wraps up rehearsals. And don't forget; we're performing in two weeks time so i expect all of you to be practising at least four hours a day. Understood?"

The group of breathless girls nodded in union before getting up to go to the changing room. I wiped the beads of sweat off my forehead, letting out a tiresome sigh. i had been absolutely ecstatic when i found out that they had chosen me, out of about a thousand other hopefuls, to dance for the X-factor live shows. Seldom did i know how much commitment it consumed out of my life.  Even college wasn't ever as hard as this, i though while walking to what i hoped were the changing rooms, spreading my hands across my face and feeling the burning and damp skin.

Not looking where i was going, i all of a Sudden felt myself colliding into someone, gasping in shock.

"Oh my god, i'm so sorry!" i breathed out desperately, meeting a pair of warm auburn eyes. The girl  pushed her dark curly hair out of her face and gave me a friendly smile.

"that's alright, babe. I haven't seen you around. You new?"

I nodded. "yeah. One of the girls was feeling ill so they had to get a replacement." i said, scratching the back of my neck. 

"well it's great to have you here. I'm Danielle."

I smiled and it was silent for a few seconds, until i realised i was meant to be introducing myself.

"Oh, right. Well i'm Paige." trust me to make the most awkward first impressions. Danielle smiled.

"Well, i'm off to get changed now as well so i'll take you to the changing rooms if you like."

"Thanks" I breathed out and followed her, shuffeling through the crowd of gorgeous girls.  What was honestly going in their mind when they picked me? I can't deny to myself that it must've been a mistake.

"Well here we are. The showers are right there, and your locker is probably on this side somewhere. Did they give you a number?" Danielle asked.

"uh, yeah." i slid a crinkled piece of paper out of my bag.  "Number 75."

 Danielle lifted  the corners of her thick lips, her dark eyes widening. "That's right next to mine! I have number  77"

"Awesome!" i smiled.

"Well, i'm going to take a shower now. See you around... Paige, was it?"

I nodded and waved my hand. "sure!"

I let out a deep sigh and got a towel, deciding to follow Danielle's footsteps. A shower was something i was desperately in need of right now. Well at least i'd met someone. Perhaps this whole intense  and professional X-factor dancing wasn't going to be as bad as i thought.

***

So that's the prologue. Chapter 1 is nearly finished so most likely going to be posted up tomorrow :) Oh and who do you think should play paige? I was thinking Jennifer Lawrence, but I think it's a bad idea and she's not a dancer anyway... So tell me if you can think of someone!

And please tell me what you think of the beginning!

Liv :) x