Chapter 17- Car rides and chemist buys

Next upload! sorry for the slight wait. also don't laugh at my chapter title, I'm so rubbish at making them up! (but at least it rhymes:) liv xx

The drive to my house was dead silent. Niall's gaze was fixed on the road, his large, pale hands clutching the steering wheel with undeniable force. I lay my heavy head on the window, rubbing my temples. The awkwardness was killing me. This really can't go on.  

"Niall..." I started, however received no reply after a short moment. 

"Nialler?" I repeated more vulnerably.

"What?" The blonde boy demanded. 

I took a deep breath. "Look, I'm sorry okay, this is all unnecessary. If we just talked-" 

"Talk about what? There's nothing to talk about," Niall replied. 

"Yes," I insisted. "There is. I need you to know that I haven't ignored you, I've just been so busy-" 

"Busy huh? Too busy to even say 'hey', or 'I love you'?" Niall questioned. 

"I'm sorry, it's just that you distract me and I had to focus on what's important. This was and still is important to me,"  

Silence. Niall parked in front of my house, but we both remained seated in the car.  

"So fucking hooking up with your supposedly gay friend Damian is important too, huh?" Niall then retorted. As soon as the words were said, my mouth hung agape in horror and shock. 

"What?! Niall!" I exclaimed, horrified. What had gotten into him?! 

"Don't try denying it," he growled. I looked at him absolutely staggered, not believing my own ears. 

"Niall. I don't know What you've heard or why you think that, but-" 

"BUT WHAT?" He shouted and I winced. "I have evidence! Proof!" Niall then rummaged feverently into his pocket, and fished out a photo of a brown haired girl lip locking with someone who looked like... 

"No..." I whispered. "No, no, no,"  

"So it is you," Niall murmured, his voice cracking at the end. 

"Yes, well no. Niall, I can explain!" I exclaimed, frustrated. The boy in front of me glared at me viciously.  

"There's nothing to explain." He growled. 

"No, Niall," 

"Get out," he said threatingly. 

"Niall, it isn't what you think," I tried explaining. 

"GET. OUT." Niall ordered, thundering as his eyes flashed menacingly. I bit my lip hard, trying to hold back tears, before pushing the car door open and making my way to the front door. Inserting the key in the door with a trembling hand, I looked one last time behind me to see the blonde boy with a hurt-striken face, navigating the car away from my drive way.

I dragged my feet solemnly up to my bedroom, recognising that this was officially the worst day of my life.

*Danielle's Point of View*

I gently pushed the door open to the small pharmacy, my icy cheeks immediately warming.  

"Hello dear, how may I help you?" A middle aged lady questioned politely. I returned her smile, walking up to the counter. 

"Hello, my friend vomitted just before and she appears to be really sick. I noticed a temperature too. Do you have anything that could help?" I asked. The lady nodded. 

"That could be either a virus or a fever from what it sounds like. Here," the lady guided me through the shelves before picking out a small blue box. 

"This should help it," she said. "Tell your friend to take three a day; in the morning, an hour after lunch, and before bed. It will help with the vomitting but you should probably come tomorrow and give me an update on her condition so that I can prescribe her proper medicine,"  

"Okay, Thanks," 

"Is that all?" She asked as I followed her back to the counter, however suddenly stopped as my gaze encountered... 

"How much are those?" I asked, holding up a small, long white box. The pharmacist smiled curiously.  

"They're nine pounds fifty a test, love," she replied. It's worth a try, I thought, and laid both boxes on the counter to pay for them.

*Paige's Point of View*

There was a massive, squeezing lump in my throat as I made my way over to the television room, wrapping myself in woollen blankets and stuffing myself with huge spoons of Ben and Jerry's. Tears welled up in my eyes every now and then but I wiped them off carelessly. I fucked up. How did Niall get that photo? I needed to explain him the situation, he got it all wrong. A sob escaped my lips as I stared blankly at the tv. not even paying attention to what it was showing. What if I lost him?  

I suddenly heard a knock on the door, making my heart leap. I hurridly trotted up to it, my blanket trailing behind me. That could be Nia-  

"Danielle," I breathe out. The girl gave me a small smile before furrowing her eyebrows, realising that something wasn't up. 

"Paige..." She murmured. "You alright? You look dreadful," she frowned, walking into the warm, empty house. 

"I know," I agreed softly, making my way back to the couch and wrapping myself in a Cacoon.  

Danielle walked over worriedly, dropping the white plastic bag she was holding onto the ground. 

"I have a feeling something isn't up," she noticed and there was a moment of silence. 

"Is this..." She started. "Is this about Niall?" 

I tried to avoid her gaze, staring at the half empty Ben and Jerry's bowl. 

"Okay... I guess it is," Danielle said and made herself comfortable next to me. Having the feeling that I wasn't going to talk about it, Danielle leaned over to pick up the plastic bag. 

"I got something for you, by the way..." She said handing me a blue box. I took it, reading the package. 

"Thanks," I murmured and Danielle nodded. 

"What's that?" I then asked, looking at the other contents of the bag.  

"Oh," The girl's cheeks immediately flushed red. I took the white box out of the bag. 

"I just thought, maybe... The reason..." 

"You think I'm pregnant?" I asked matter of factly. Danielle flushed even redder, shrugging. 

"I thought it could be a possibility, y'know."  

A moment of silence cast over us once more. I nodded, putting the box aside.  

"I'll test later," I said. Pregnant?! Danielle thought I was pregnant? That was impossible! I counted the last time I'd had my period, a sudden shock washing over me as I did. No, it couldn't be! This wasn't happening. Grabbing the white box, i sprinted to the bathroom, not leaving Danielle to even process my sudden departure.

*Danielle's Point of View*

What the bloody hell is she- oh. Oh. Five minutes later, Paige re-entered the room with a concerned look on her face. 

"Oh, Danielle," she murmured, her expression suddenly languid and lost.

Next chapter should be uploaded soon, i just have exams so its a bit hard at the moment x ps. I'm in iPhone so it's literally impossible to edit. Will do tomorrow!:)