Death Ahead

We were out of options.We had to survive, there was no way we'd stand a chance against Woodbury. The governor had too many men. We had to be strategic.

He would wipe us out within a instance. I was angry this was our last stance.This was supposed to be our home and the governor is trying to run us out.

My hatred towards that man was indescribable. I wanted my blade sink deep into his chest. I wanted to be the one to kill him. Now I might never get that chance.

I sat in my cell, packing up what few things I had actually unpacked from my bags. Wouldn't be much longer until the whole place was packed up and we'd be hitting the road.

Who knows where we go next or what was ahead of us or if we would even survive. We had to try.

Since Merle's death, Daryl has yet to bounce back to his original self. Could you blame him? His brother, the only family he had left was dead. I can't imagine putting down my own sibling. I couldn't imagine the hell that was going on inside of his head, and it killed me that I couldn't help him or make him feel any better.

After packing my bags I made my way outside to the courtyard where the cars were parked and everybody was loading things in.

After handing my bags off to Beth who packed it into the car, I shivered slightly. Winter was a bitch.

"Looks like ya could use this" Daryl said as he handed me my leather jacket.

I smiled slightly as I took it from him sliding it on and instantly feeling much warmer. I looked up at him with my smile "thanks, where did I leave it?"

Shrugs slightly and looked back over to his motorcycle then turning his gaze back to me "ya left it on my motorcycle" he said, picking out a hangnail on his finger.

I grabbed his hand slowly and held it close to me closing in the distance between us as I leaned up and gave him a soft kiss on the lips "thank you" said peering up at him "are you handling things... you can talk to me right?"

He looked at the ground and nodded his head, avoiding any and all eye contact with me. I could tell he was hurting and I wanted to fix it. It broke me to see him like this. There was some type of way for me to take away all of his pain I would do it in an instance.

"I hate being outside the wall....I want to fight" I said, down hard on my bottom lip.

Daryl squeezed my hand and I leaned into him, resting my head on his shoulder "have to protect Hershel, Beth and Carl, they need you"

"You need me to" I said, protesting something I knew wouldn't change.

"Exactly.... That's why you're going to be outside those walls" running his thumb over my knuckles.

I sighed and shook my head "I don't want to lose you" I breathed out hoarsely.

"You won't, I promise" he whispered in my ear, kissing my temple gently.

"Guys" Rick said, signaling for us to say our goodbyes.

I felt my heart sink to stomach and I pulled Daryl closer wrapping my arms around him tightly. He wrapped his arms around my waist and gently pulled me off the ground and a hug. Perks of being short.

He kissed my head over and over and I bit my tongue to hold back my tears that threatened to spill over. "Be safe, promise me you won't do anything stupid" I shakily said.

"I promise" he said, letting me down before closing the distance between us once more, locking lips with me as he brushed some hair behind my ear with his strong rough hands.