Trigger Happy

Pain.

Just pain. It's all I could feel in my body.

It was horrible. Sharp, it felt like apart of me had been ripped open.

My eyes shot open and I saw Hershel leaning over my hip, operating on it, Shane holding my legs down and Daryl holding my arms and upper body down.

I screamed and tried thrashing away as I felt sharpness and something being ripped from my hip.

"Stop! Please!" I screamed.

No one said anything, I just screamed and screamed until it was wall black again.

Next day

My eyes opened and I laid in my bed with my blankets covering me gently and I saw a man leaning on my bed asleep.

I was shocked to see it was Daryl.

I felt pain suddenly when I moved my leg and I lifted the blanket to see I had no pants on and no garments, just bandaging.

Looks like the next few days would be only dresses worn.

I bit my lip slightly and looked out the window to the bright shining sun outside. Another beautiful morning.

I tapped Daryl's arm softly with my hand but didn't get a stir or anything. I once again tapped on him and then he stirred ever so slightly.

"Daryl" I said softly as I reached up and touched his hair slightly.

He leaned up and scowled at me, moving away from my touch quickly "your stupid" he cursed.

I furrowed my eyebrows "for what?" I asked him.

"Going off with Rick and Glenn when you can hardly kill a damn walker , what the hell makes you think you can fight off a group of men" he exclaimed hardly.

"I went to get Hershel, and if getting shot means Hershel is okay, then I can live with that, and you better learn to" I said to him, a frown on my face as I reached over to the glass of water set on my bedside.

Daryl grumbled under his breath before looking up at me "your going to practice shooting and fighting with me, everyday at dawn, you need to be able to defend yourself if your going to be goin off doing shit like that" he commanded.

I smirked a little "you should've mentioned this awhile ago" I stated, biting my lip a little. The pain in my hip. It throbbed. And I was so so tired. But I couldn't just lay around in bed all day, and I hoped no one expected that of me because it wasn't going to happen.

"Can you do me a favor?" I said as I looked at Daryl, still grumpy and waking up.

"What" he said gruffly, but you could tell he didn't mind .

"Pick out a dress from my closet? I can't go around with nothing on and I'm not staying in this bed all day"  I said.

He didn't protest as he stood up and walked over to the closet, browsing through the clothes, not saying a word at first.

"Your such a girl" he grumbled as he held out a bright pink dress, a disgusted look on his face. I sighed softly "that was for Beth's 13th birthday party" I explained to him.

He rummaged some more before pulling out a dress and tossing it towards me.