Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

“Where in the hell are you taking me?” I inquire aggressively.

                Alistair doesn’t respond, pushing me in a rushed manner Lord knows where. We reach an empty classroom, and he pushes me in before shutting the door, and wheeling me over to a corner outside of the view of the door. “Good, Fallon, just stay still –” he laughs, realizing I’m immobile, “And let me explain everything to you,”

                “I don’t want to hear it!” I close my eyes. “It’s all a part of the game, you don’t need to elaborate….”

                “Fallon no, it’s not like that – ”

                “Then what’s it like? Like you were making out with other girls and then –” tears fill in my eyes. I can’t do it, I can’t do it anymore. I couldn’t play this game anymore. I was too vulnerable like he said, too new to the whole heart fluttering and awkward glances, and the falling in love. “You won – if that’s what you want to hear, you won the game!” I fight myself to keep the tears from going over. I wasn’t as strong as I thought; last night had really knocked down a few barriers for me I guess. And everyone seemed to be crumbling around me.         

                “God how could I be so stupid, how could I think I could beat you – you’re the one with the looks and everything, and what do I have? Nothing, gosh, I’m such an idiot. At least I can admit to my flaws – that’s the only thing that’s about me,” I break down into tears that wouldn’t stop. I just felt like dying right there of embarrassment. I could feel Alistair gazing at me. But with my hand that wasn’t broken I tried stopping the tears, my breath ragged. I had been played. Here I was thinking I was getting somewhere, and that I thought I had some kind of upper hand. “You’re perfect Alistair, just fucking perfect…congratulations on being the first for almost everything that has happened to me in my romantic life, and I am happy I could assist you on your quest for a new challenge!” I weep inevitably.

                “Fallon – ”

                Alistair is interrupted by the door flinging open, it was Gavin. His nose was flaring, and his eyes were dancing with rage. “You can get an ISS for what you just did!”

                “Oh will you just shut your whiny trap!” Alistair rolls his eyes.

                “What are you doing to her, you monster!” Gavin pushes Alistair, and kneels in front of me. “Are you alright, what did he do or say to you? We can report him for harassing you.”

                “Nothing,” I mutter. Gavin nods, and takes the handles of the wheelchair before pushing me away from Alistair. I was glad to get a away. I didn’t want to be around him right now. Gavin rolls me back to class, and apologizes. I hate when people stare, why are they staring?

                It’s just a wheelchair. And a broken arm, leg, and yeah – the whole deal… but it doesn’t mean you have to judge me or anything. I can’t wait to be out of school, I can’t handle this anymore. After school was over, I had to get in  specialized\ van for carrying handicapped people.

                I roll my eyes as I watch people point and laugh, Gavin had took it upon himself to follow the van to my house, and help me in – considering we didn’t have a ramp for me to get up, and I only had one working hand. So he carried me to my bed, and laid me down, making sure I had all my things I needed before I left.

                “Wait Gavin, before you leave… can you open my window? I need some air!”

                “Sure…” Gavin opens the window fully, letting in a cool breeze that evaporated the stuffiness in the room.