Chapter Twenty Six

Well, now I had to make up a history about him. Cool.

                    “He … he is an okay guy. His history isn’t that bad.”

                    “Oh, so he just has the bad boy look going on?” Zoey adjusts herself in her seat. She was that girl. That girl who lived in a nice house, with probably not so there parents, but parents that loved her. She had anything and everything she wanted. But all she ever wanted was nothing at all. So she rebelled against having everything. That would strike up something with her parents. A bad boy boyfriend, someone whom she thinks she can probably fix. This was a sob story waiting to happen…

                    “Yeh…” I nod.

                    “Is he a good kisser?” Zoey inquires sonly, running her finger tip along the rim of her glass. My face heats up, and I feel suddenly uncomfortable. How could she assume I’ve kissed him?

                    “Well… I wouldn’t know – ” Meme kicks me under the table.

                    “I mean, he’s … he’s good with tongue. He’s one of those guys that he’d rather you come at him. Especially when he’s giving instructions, he gets turned on when you’re listening… so you should kiss him then, but that’s only after knowing him for like a week or two, and showing you’re interested.” Everything I was saying was straight out of my ass. If she bought any of this she just proved to me she was dumber than a piece of grass. “He’s chill…”

                    She nods, grinning. “Well hopefully we’ll be bumping uglies soon!” she squeals.

                    She was such a hoe bag she just made me want to blow my brains out. I nod, secretly rolling my eyes. Yep, she was dumber than a piece of grass. Poor girl, I would be sad to be as gullible as her. I’d be questioning myself if I just up and had sex with anything of male origin at that.

                    I begin eating my steak, as Zoey happily talks to Meme, asking her more questions about him. Zoey was crazy, and above all just stupid. Just flat out stupid.

                    “Well, I feel like I’ve got enough in for today. Thank you Fallon – and Meme, once I get Alistair wrapped around my pretty little finger…” she lapses into silence, and a devilishly grin spreads across her face.

                    “I’ve got be getting home soon,” I clap my hands together.

                    Zoey looks up from her nails, and rolls her eyes. “Not my problem.”

                    “What do you mean ‘not your problem?’ aren’t you going to take us home?” Meme exclaims.

                    “Um, no – ! What do I look like, a chauffer?”

                    Meme and I look over at each other, dumbfounded. “Well, what are you waiting for? Walk home!”

                    “Zoey I have half a mind to – ” Meme begins, before Zoey’s laughter cuts her off.

                    “Norman’s going to take you guys home,” Zoey interrupts.

                    “Oh … okay,”

~ * ~

I ended up inviting Meme over my house.

                    We rushed into my room, where I slammed and locked the door. “I just found this old thing!” I squealed, pulling an old chalkboard out from my closet. “Now we can write down our plans, like in Mean Girls! And we can cross them off when they’re complete! Super cool, right?”