Chapter Twenty - One

Dedication to CaseyDilla7 'cause she's awesome, and super supportive! Thanks hun! <33

                               ____________________♥ ♥ ♥____________________

So not only was Alistair a vampire but he had a murderous intentions. I awake to the sound of my phone going off and realize I was in the motel room, but Alistair wasn't. I immediatly feel my neck to make sure he hadn't bit me. Today I would have to set boundries with him. I'd have to let him know flat out that we can be distant friends and friends only. Also I could only hang out with him in crowded places where I could be seen.

              I think I should go down to my church.

             I quickly grapple for my phone, "He-hello," I strammer groggily.

            "Fallon? Fallon where are you?" my dad franttically questions me. I quickly try to put on my shoes and comb my fingers through my matted hair, thinking of a place that would be okay for me to be at overnight.

             "I - I'm at Jenna's house..." my dad didn't know that we weren't talking anymore.

            "Well. you need to come home..there's been a break in."

             Alistair left me his car keys, and the jeep - nice. 

                                                                      ~ ~ ~

When I got home there was a police car in the driveway. My dad and the officer stood outside the front door, talking. I slowly approach them. "Hey," I mutter, waving to them, and trying to creep through.

             "Actually, you can't go in right now. We have it under investigation."

              "Where am I supposed to go? I have to change my clothes..."

              My dad looks over at the officer, and he nods. "Ten minutes, that's it." the police officer says, nodding to me. I knit my eyebrows, how the hell was he supposed to tell me how much time I was to spend in my own house.

                I walk into my house, and knowing there was a break in the house got a new kind of vibe. Just everything was off. I felt like I had somehow been violated though. I walk to the bathroom to shower and wash my hair before drying off and getting dressed in simple clothing. 

                 When I finished with my hygiene needs, I walk into the living room, all of a sudden feeling sullen knowing somone broke into my house without a care in the world. I dial Alistair's number, "Hey Alistair," I mumble into the phone when he picks me up. 

              "Hey Fallon," he sounded just as off as I was. 

            We were quiet for a while before I say, "I have some questions I need to ask ... and boundries I want to set with you," I didn't want to be an asshole and just drop him because revealed something extremely private to me. 

               "Sure," he says. 

              "Meet me at Barnes and Nobles?"

              "Sure, but you have my car..." 

             "You can walk," I smile, I was serious though. I didn't want to be anywhere alone with him. He had a paralyzing gaze that would numb my brain, and I need to think coherantly around him.

            "And how are you going to get home?"

            "I'll catch the bus,"