Chapter Twenty - Four

I added a song for you guys for page 5, for Alistair's POV: 

                                        _________________________________________

"It's okay, Claire is a total bitch." Grace's voice makes me look up from the sink. Why was she here? Why couldn't she keep quiet. I didn't want anyone to see me cry, and see how weak I was. That's the shit I don't like. 

             I don't respond. I don't think breaking my neck to talk to be people is working out. 

             "What grade are you in?" Grace asks softly, obviously trying to start small talk. I'm not in the mood though, I don't want to talk. I'm sick of talking. I'm sick of trying. I've been what seems to be hell bent for a little bit of acceptance, and I'll I've gotten was mental slaps in the face. 

             Grace looks at me for a good five minutes, and realizes she wasn't getting a response and she begins to leave. Just at the last minute my brain just shouts, Answer the question you asshole! 

            "Tenth," 

           She looks over at me, "Sophomore?" 

          "Yeh....," I pause, "What grade are you in?" 

         "Ninth, before you do allow me: Haha freshie freshmen," 

           "Nah, I don't really care about that stuff..." 

         "You should get Claire back..." 

          I wasn't really one for revenge.... but it wasn't just Claire, it was Zoey too. I think back to all the things they've done to me, and she was right. It was time for some payback. It'd come back in the worst ways too. 

         "You're right," I mutter. I think harder on the situation, how exactly did I plan on getting them back? "You're right," I nod more confidently. 

           "And you should help me do it," I look up at Grace fierecly.

           She looks baffled, and her eyes dart around the bathroom as if making sure no one knew she might even consider such a heinous act. Her eyebrows dip together, and she tugs at the hem of her dress. "I don't r-really know if I could... that really wouldn't be in my character," 

            "Characters have different sides to them," 

           She's quiet. If she didn't help me - Meme would most certainly. 

            "Well - I don't know if this is rude or not, but - um - Fallon is it? - Well, I barely know you and all..." Grace mumbles.

                It was true.

                "Well ... we can get to know each other, no? I mean... maybe we can even become friends," I give her a wicked grin. 

                                                                ~ ~ ~ 

Grace and I walk back to the room in step, I proudly wear my orange juice stain. They wanted war? I'd give them war, and a lot of hell with it. I was thinking of my plan as Grace opened the door for me, and I walked in with the most fierece look I could muster. 

                  Everyone looks up as me and Grace take seats, Claire shooting my daggers, I return the gaze with bullets. She looks taken aback, and flips her hair to the side, and rolls her eyes. 

               I started of just wanting to be "Fallon," - just that, nothing more nothing less. 

                Now I wanted to be, "That bitch Fallon," and I wanted to be able to smirk about it too, make them hate me. I wanted them to hate me - I wanted them to fear me. I was tired of being a push over, I don't want people to naturally shrug away, I want to give them a reason why.