Chapter Nine

Alright, I just wanna give a thankies to everyone who is supporting me in my epic Odyssey of writing this story! So keep on doing what you're doing, because you're my inspiration! <3

_______________________________________________________________________________

“After tonight, let’s head straight to school. Not even stop by our houses, k?” I say with a sigh, sitting on the edge of my queen sized mattress. We had rented out a room in a cheap motel, I know I had my dad’s credit card and all—but I didn’t want to go ballistic, and if I didn’t spend too much he wouldn’t be that mad at me—give or take the fact that I already spent about a thousand dollars total. The whole room was cluttered with shopping bags.

                    “Sure,” Jenna said, closing the curtains, before shucking off her shirt. “Don’t want none of them pervs seeing the girls.” Jenna says, sitting on the edge of her bed.

                    The room itself was very humble. Not too shabby, not too chic. The walls were a muted blue, the floor a chalky white, and the curtains—matching the bed set were a cream color.

                    “Fallon, you know what…I had fun today.” Jenna says cheerfully, rising to go to the bathroom, “But it’s all in days work. I’m showering up, and going to bed!”

                    I nod, and turn on the television. Mindlessly, I watch SpongeBob, before flopping back on the bed, and closing my eyes.

                                                                                                                                            ~ ~ ~

I flutter my eyes open from a dreamless sleep. Jenna is snoring softly from her bed, and I rise to my feet, looking over at the blue digital clock on my nightstand. It’s 12:04am. I rub my temples, and sleepily make my way over to the bathroom. Bringing along the new silk pajamas I had bought and other toiletries.

                    I take care of my hygiene before returning to my bed, and crawling under the sheets. Grabbing fr my phone on the nightstand to see if I missed any calls from my dad. Ten missed calls. What a prick. I think with a chuckle to myself, three unheard messages.

                    I was guessing all from my dad. I listened to each of them.

                    “Fallon, if you don’t get your bratty selfish ass back home this instance! Fallon!—Pick up that damn phone, and stop being such a got damn child all the time! Don’t you think it’s about time you grew up, you ungrateful little—”

                    Delete.

                    “Fallon…I didn’t mean to be so brutal. Sweetheart, just come home…I miss you, and I’m worried about you. Don’t—uh, honey—don’t turn towards the streets. Next thing you know you’ll be using drugs, and doing side bys or whatever. Honey, just call me back and insure your safety I—”

                    Delete.

                    “Fallon, please…come back. I’m sorry.”

                    I hold the phone to my chest, tears brimming in my eyes, as I click 7.

                    “Hey Fallon, it’s me Alistair, just calling to say hey…um, text me later on when you get the chance. K?”