Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty Two

Black, pitch darkness all around me, except a sliver of moonlight that had come in through the window next to the very beautiful violet chair. I remember I’m still in lace, and look over on the other side of the bed where Alistair had left empty. I bit my lip, and sit up in the bed. The bedroom door was cracked open just a tad, but the hallway lights weren’t on. My stomach plummeted. There’s no telling whose behind that door, not only that with Luke lurking around he could come in here and kill me or something.

                “Alistair?” I whisper blindly, rising out of the chair. Okay Fallon, he’s probably not just creeping around in the room for no reason.

I rise out of the bed as quietly as possible, not like they wouldn’t hear me anyways. 

I walk over to the bag Alistair said Jenna had brought for me that had my personal sleeping attire of choice. I grab the bag and creep into the bathroom, flicking on the light after I had shut the door. I splash my face with some warm water to relax my face muscles, and change into some cotton shorts and a pale blue camisole.

Feeling more comfortable I let out a sigh before leaving the bathroom, keeping the light on and closing it just a tad so it could let some light into the room. I went over to the bedroom door and shut it, feeling safer alone than with the thought of me falling asleep vulnerably with the door open.

Climbing back into the sheets I roll over onto my side and lay my head down on one of Alistair’s cloud like pillows, before drifting back into a deep sleep.

* * *

Something is tickling my ear. My brain hazily swims in a state between sleep and consciousness; trying to push myself to wake up but at the same slipping away into the temptation of bliss that comes with sleep. The tickling turns into a little nip. Alistair is trying to wake me. I shut my eyes tight and try to ignore Alistair’s attempt to get me up. I was tired, and it was possibly well before ten in the morning – the time I usually get up if I got to bed beyond twelve in the morning.

                Alistair licks up and down the side of my neck, and pulls me into him hard in the spooning position we were in. I gasp barely audibly, still keeping my eyes shut. “I know you’re not asleep Fallon,” he whispers in my ear. I swallow, trying to keep my breathing as even as I could. Alistair would give up soon, he had too.

                “Okay Fallon, are you really asleep?” Alistair inquires putting his hand under my camisole, running his fingers up and down my navel. “Honestly?” he inquires, trailing lower.

                “Oh my goodness Alistair, you would assault me in my sleep?”  My eyes flash open. Alistair rolls over onto his back, laughing to himself. I turn towards him, propping myself on my side, staring at him with an incredulous look. “Gosh, and what the heck time is it?”

                “Are you kidding me, of course not! – And 5:48am,” Alistair says cheerfully.

                “Good because I would have to break your fingers, and what the frick! Dude, why the heck did you get me up so freaking early, I need sleep.”

                “You couldn’t do that,”

                “I know but my inability to assault you on whim doesn’t correlate with the fact that it’s five in the freaking morning!” I whisper to myself, rolling onto my back, sighing.

                “Me on the other hand, I could break all your fingers, your knee caps, and your neck.” He laughs. I cut him a glare, but his continues laughing. “Just kidding Fallon, I wouldn’t do that – you now that, well I hope you do.”