26

Evan's POV:

Thursday

I step out of the shower with a towel wrapped my body and I go into my bedroom to find some clothes.

I jump and nearly scream when a voice starts talking from the door. I'm supposed to be home alone. 

I turn quickly and see Lexi standing there, grinning wide.

"Jesus Christ. I should not have told you where the spare is." I groan, hand over my heart.

"Sorry, but this is exciting stuff- read this." She laughs, handing me her phone with an article pulled up on the browser.

I read the headline aloud, "nurse fired over affair with cardiovascular surgeon." My eyes shift up to Lexi's instantly, "no... Katie?"

She nods quickly, grinning from ear-to-ear. "That bitch can't keep her legs closed. I guess that explains how she got the job. She fucked her way there."

I laugh a little and shake my head, hardly believing it. "I wish that was more surprising." I mutter as I browse through the rest of the article, finding out that the doctor she was banging is now under review too. "She always came off as a bit slutty in high school. I'm sure that fiancé of hers is loving this too."

"Karma is a real bitch." Lexi grins, falling back into the bed with her arms behind her head. She is loving this more than she should be.

I drop my towel and slide into some clothes, "how was your day?"

"It was good, actually." Lexi says, looking up at me. "How was yours?"

"On the stressful side, to say the least. Layla, the geometry teacher a few down from us, had me cover her class during planning, so I didn't even get to eat a decent lunch." I groan.

"Wanna make dinner?" Lexi asks.

I laugh, "ha, right. I would be the one making it since someone can't cook, and I am too tired for that." I tease her. 

"Okay, fine. I'll order something for us." Lexi shrugs, pulling her phone out.

"Or... you could go get us some McDonald's and we can call it a night." I smile, feeling incredibly lazy and having the strongest craving for McDonald's.

Lexi laughs, "that's an option too. Text me what you want." She says, walking back out the door.

I send her my order and go sit on the couch, just wanting to relax and breathe for a moment.

No more than fifteen minutes into my silent meditation, the doorbell rings.

I furrow my brows and go open it, expecting it to be Lexi. "You don't have to ring-"

I'm surprised- to say the least- to see Elijah standing there instead. He's dressed in slacks and a button up shirt, paired with a nice tie. Clearly he just came from work.

"Oh, Eli." I stutter. "I- I thought you were someone else."

He smiles, "just me. Haven't heard from you in a while, figured I'd come by. I just got off a two hour flight." His voice is already suggesting that he wants more and he hasn't said more than a sentence to me. 

I nod and he starts to come inside, and I don't have it in me to stop him. I close the door behind him and when I turn around I catch his eyes walking up and down my figure, causing me an extreme amount of discomfort. It's partially my fault because I never gave the guy a straight answer, or a hard rejection. I just sort of ghosted him, so I can't be mad that he just showed up wanting a fuck.