Chapter 33: Blood is Thicker Than Water.

Okay, so...some of you may be upset for me for what's about to go down in this chapter XD. Just remember, if you want a rainbow, you got to put up with the rain. I hope you do enjoy this chapter either way, though.

**

   The howl sounded familiar, like one I had only heard once in my life and that was years ago."It's coming from the other side of the lake by your house." I mumbled as I glanced towards a pale Emmett who was deep in thought, too.

"I think it’s best if we stay here. Who knows what's going on and I don't want to put you through danger." Emmett told me as he wrapped his arm around me kissing my temple. He obviously didn’t want me go see what it was, but whether it was actually for the sake of my safety, I wasn’t sure. That howl, I thought, six years ago

My heart stopped as a flashback hit me, as if the wall of China was coming down on me, and I came to my senses. In my flashback, I saw a little girl screaming and crying for help that wouldn't come. I pushed Emmett away, sprinting towards where the howl had come from. 

"Jewels!" Emmett shouted as he ran after me. I ignored his attempts at trying to make me stop, because as much as I loved him, I wasn’t going to listen this time. I didn't want to end up like that little girl. The cuts and scrapes forming on my body from the branches did not slow me down. I ran and I ran until I could hear the faint sounds of a male whimpering. That’s when my heart seemed to shatter into shiny, jagged pieces. It was not just any male’s cries. It was my dad’s.

Ignoring my surroundings, I ran to him and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into my lap. He was hurt severely. "Dad?" I whispered, as the tears began to well up in my eyes.

"Jewels!" Emmett called once again as he reached me. That's when I bothered to glance up. I was surrounded by the beta, warrior, and alpha of the Wolfe pack. Farther away, a few other pack members were coming out of the Pack house that wasn't far away, including Brandon whose eyes went as wide as a full moon when he spotted me.

"Ah, glad of you to join us, Emmett." Alpha Jack greeted. I glanced down at my dad. His eyes looked into mine.

"Why did you come back?" I whispered.

"I...I thought you were hurt. You haven't answered my calls and the last time you did, you were crying." He replied, in a barely audible voice.I pulled the scarf I had earlier out of my pocket and used to wipe the blood of off my father's face.

Arms wrapped around me, pulling me off of my dad. I protested, but whoever was pulling me off, was stronger. I realized then, that is was the pack warrior, Ben, who Emmett had told me about. Once I was standing, Ben shoved me towards Emmett. "Don't let her go or she'll get hurt." He said in a harsh tone. Brandon came to our side in horror as he stared at my dad.

I squirmed under Emmett's hold as his father began to speak. "We are all gathered here today on this gracious day." His father began, shouting, so we could hear him despite the rain. "This man, Samuel Evans, is a traitor and by the law of the Wolfe pack is sentenced to no other than death for killing the  Luna of the Wolfe pack and betraying his own kind for a human." Jack shot me a deadly look as he said human.

"Emmett, they can't do this." I pleaded. Emmett pulled me closer, turning my head into his chest so I wouldn't see anything but that didn't mean I couldn't hear the sound of my dad in pain.

"Father! You don't have any proof it was him!" Emmett protested.

"You dare question me, son? The proof is in your arms." Jack spat, infuriated that Emmett was on my side and not his own father's.

"How do we know it was him who killed my mother? We had many enemies at that time, and I know for a fact that Samuel was no enemies of ours, but a victim."

"You're betraying your father, your blood, your Alpha for a mutt and a traitor?" He incredulously asked. By now, most of the pack was watching and listening to their words intently. "Open your eyes, son."

With that being said, he exchanged a few words with Ben and turned towards my dad, a silver blade in his hand. I watched as he held the blade cautiously by the handle. Before he could do anything, I used all my strength in power managing to standing between my dad and the blade.

"STOP!"  I cried, but the blade was still advancing towards me. I closed my eyes, ready for it to plunge into me but that never happened. Opening my eyes, I realized Emmett had caught his dad's wrist. The blade was only a few inches away from my chest.

"He is going to die one way or another and if it means killing you also, then so be it." Jack venomously spat. He then turned to his son, "if you care for her, then you'd understand the meaning of holding her."

I shook my head. "You can't kill my dad. He's innocent."

Emmett's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he realized I was telling the truth. Jack laughed, but it held no humor to it and glanced around the scene. "He's innocent." The Alpha mimicked. 

"Lying is no good quality, child. Now, move." Jack ordered, sharply.

"I am not lying. My dad's hands are clean." I said, staring into the Alpha's eyes.

"Juliana, don't this." My dad croaked as he got up to his knees. "Kill me, it was me." I turned to my dad, tears blurring my vision. "I will not let you die." I told him, sternly.

"If it wasn't your dad, then who was it?" Jack questioned, with a smirk. He was expecting me not to answer. He still thought I was lying. I glanced to my dad who was in a horrible condition and then to Emmett who was confused. I wasn't going to let my dad die for something I did, not now, not ever. It was me who had to pay the consequences, not him. With one last glance at Emmett, I glanced down. Blood is thicker than water, I reminded myself.

"It was me."

Ah! She finally confessed. What do you think will happen next? Please leave your thoughts below!