Chapter 3: Guilty Conscience.

This chapter has been edited & rewritten.Don't forget to Vote and Comment! Maybe even add it to your library if you haven't done so already!Also, if I have any spelling or grammar errors please tell me and  I'll fix it immediately!

**

 “Juliana,” A taunting voice cooed. It was her. My eyes wandered warily around to see if she was nearby, but no one was in sight. A sharp scream startled me, and sent me running through the forest. The sun was setting down, and I had to get out of here before it got dark.

And suddenly, I wasn’t running anymore. Instead, I was up against a tree racked sobs escaping from my lips as my eyes widened at the wolf in front of me. The chestnut colored wolf bared its canines at me, bright topaz eyes full of fury. That wolf was me. I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the wolf’s eyes only to see a blonde haired woman with glimmering gray eyes staring back at me. This wasn’t me; this was her.

The wolf growled, sharper this time. “No…please don’t.” The words escaped my lips without my consent. The wolf was too overwhelmed with her anger to stop, and she raised her paw claws coming out, keeping her other one on my chest, and released it all out on one single blow. I felt the horrible sensation of flesh tearing at the impact, and that was the last straw. My faint heartbeat faded into nothing, the darkness taking me over for good.

“Julie! Wake up, darling. It’s just a nightmare,” my father said as he shook me. My eyes opened to his concerned face and I went into his open arms, throwing my arms around him sobbing. “Shh, it’s only a dream, no one can hurt you anymore. I won’t let it happen,” he soothed as he ran his hand through my hair.

“I was her. I felt everything she felt. I caused so her so much pain.” I mumbled.

“Julie, what you did saved our lives that day and you should feel no guilt at all.” He whispered.

“I’m damned.”

He pulled me away abruptly to look me in the eye, “Julie, don’t you dare ever say that again.”

“But…I-I killed her! My hands were stained by her blood. I-“

“Shh,” he interrupted as he wiped at my tears. I took deep breaths trying to calm down. I finally sniffled, “Zeke Sanders already knows about me and it won’t be long until everyone else knows. Dad, I don’t want to move anymore. I don’t want to go through the same process over and over again.”

“Don’t worry about it, don’t worry about anything. Just go to sleep, now.” I sighed as silence overtook us. He didn’t move at all, so I fell asleep with him by my side with my worries pushed aside. Just like the old days, I thought before closing my eyes.