Chapter 23: Brandon's Gone.

I love you guys! Thank you for voting and commenting on the last chapter! I'm trying to make up for not uploading, so I'm going to try to upload as much as I can from now on! Lol Oh and a BIG SHOUTOUT AND THANKS TO JUSTGRIN! SHE MADE THE BANNER TO THE SIDE! :D (P.s I'm still accepting banners/covers if you're willing to make me one, just PM me)

Anyways, please vote and comment!

Enjoy! <3

I felt him tense up. I closed my eyes waiting for his reaction. Seeing how he was raising his voice at me a few minutes ago, I think he's bound to do it again.  I was wrong.

"What?" He whispered.

The bell rang signaling that first period begins in three minutes. I got out of his grasp," Emmett, I'm sorry but I have to get to class."

"Since when do you care about being late?" He questioned me playfully raising an eyebrow suddenly snapping out of his trance.

I  sighed and folded my arms across my chest. Well, he sure got me there. He smiled in victory, and grabbed my hand leading me to who knows where.

"Um...where are you taking me?"

"We really need to talk, and the only place I can think of is the lake. Come on."

I stopped making him come to a halt as well. He turned to look at me puzzled,"What?"

"I don't want to skip class...this is our last week," I told him.

"Come on," He begged.

The bell rang. I looked back at the now empty hallway and back at him. I hesistated a bit before following him, "Alright, but if we get caught...I'm going to say you kidnapped me."

**

When we arrived at the lake, realization sunk in. He obviously wants me to tell him everything, and I'm not ready for that...not yet. Then again, I don't want him to find out by Zeke or his dad. A flashback of last time we came here ran through my mind.

"I've been doing this for years. Everytime I get frustrated or anything, I just head out into the nearest lake and do this. It helps calm me down," He had said as he stared off into the water throwing another pebble.

"Why are you frustrated?" I asked him as I sat on the dock next to him in the same exact spot as last time. I knew the answer, I just wanted to hear it from him.

 He threw a pebble into the water causing the ripple effect,"I just don't get why you hide things from me. You may not notice it, but it hurts me too. "

He couldn't even look me in the eye. Great. My heart sunk at those words. He is my mate after all and I hate to see him hurt like this. Is this how I really should be treating him?