34| E v e l y n

Cause I got issues
But you got 'em too
So give 'em all to me
And I'll give mine to you
Bask in the glory
Of all our problems
'Cause we got the kind of love
It takes to solve 'em

Yeah, I got issues
And one of them is
how bad I need you

- Issues, Julia Michaels

34| Evelyn

Mason came upstairs exactly forty five minutes later with a bowl of soup. It smelled delicious.

But it still made Evelyn gag.

"Oh, God," Evelyn muttered under her breathe.

Mason was looking at her expectantly, his eyes scrutinized at her every expression when she lifted up a spoonful of that soup.

If Evelyn wasn't busy calming down her stomach, she would've seen Mason was nervous.

"It's good," Evelyn said gulping. The liquid went all through her stomach and it quenched so hard, Evelyn gagged but covered it with a cough, just for Mason's sake.

And it also made her realize she was hungrier than a wolf.

Mason released a breathe of relief, "It's my first time making a soup."

"It's pretty good." Evelyn gulped another spoonful.

"Try the chicken," Mason said. There was small bits of chicken floating around.

Evelyn did as he said. And it was a mistake.

Evelyn tried to chew it and gulp it down. But she couldn't make through. Her stomach lurched. And whatever was down there came up straight to her throat.

Mason might have seen that. Because he vanished and in a second he was there with a empty bowl. And yeah, Evelyn threw up.

"No!" Evelyn covered her face. "You just saw that! No!"

Mason gathered her hair from the behind and Evelyn threw up the second time but nothing came up.

"You don't have a fever," Mason muttered, "Where is the problem?"

Evelyn released a breathe. She pushed the bowl away and went to washroom, washed her face and mouth and got out.

Mason had cleaned everything and he entered with a carton of orange juice. "Not for now. Later, when you feel better."

"Okay." Evelyn said.

She couldn't believe she had just puked in front of him. What could be uglier than that? Yikes.

You are absolutely pathetic.

Yeah.

Mason looked serious as he sat down on her bed, browsing the internet.