09| E v e l y n

I lost my faith, made my mistakes
Gonna find a way to make it easy
I'll be better on my own, believe me
Pay no hope back, can't live like that
Yeah, I made my piece with all the sorrow
And now I'm livin' for tomorrow
I'm a girl with a new face, and a life that's been changed
You know, you know, you know?

- The Cure, Little Mix

09| Evelyn

The bell rang and Evelyn had to run. Evelyn couldn't believe she overslept. She was up until 3 AM and she was thinking of staying up all night. Then her brain decided otherwise and drifted her to sleep.

Sleeping late, she had a terrible dream. It wasn't the usual skyscraper one. It was more horrible. She saw Mason running after her. There were some people after them, trying to catch them, looking like a zombie wanting to eat her brain. No matter how hard they ran, they were still in those zombies' reach. The dream changed in the middle and she ended up on a stage with thousands of people looking at her with expectant eyes. She dreaded their eyes, she dreaded being watched, being hoped to do something.

To heck with Mason. It was all his fault. This was the result of a late-night movie marathon obviously.

Evelyn entered the classroom. Thankfully, the teacher hadn't come yet. She looked around for a seat. Her seat was in the middle row in front of none other than the blue-eyed jerk aka Mason Stewart.

Evelyn groaned internally and as Mason spotted her. He looked up and gave her a small smile as he acknowledged her. Evelyn's heart warmed for no reason at all. Suddenly she remembered waking up on him yesterday. She knew she shouldn't have sat on the same couch with him. It was a grave mistake.

''Why, why, can't I just live in peace for a second?'' Evelyn mumbled faking annoyance and sat down at the seat.

''Good morning, Evelyn. I see you are late.'' Mason said leaning forward, his voice softer than usual.

Evelyn could feel the tingles spreading all through her neck.

Why did I have that weird dream? Argh!

The teacher entered. Mr.Pit. That bald small man with sharp eyes, their math teacher. The class went on and after a few moments, Evelyn felt someone poking her from behind.

''What are you doing?'' Evelyn looked back just in time to see Mason with a pencil in his hand that was pointing towards her.

" Look at that equation, don't you think the calculations are wrong?" He said chewing the end of his pencil.

Evelyn looked at the board. She skimmed a quick eye over it. There was a line that Mr.Pit skipped. Evelyn did in it her copy. As Mason said, the calculations were wrong.