33| E v e l y n

Oh, she's sweet but a psycho
A little bit psycho
At night she's screamin'
"I'm-ma-ma-ma out my mind"
Oh, she's hot but a psycho
So left but she's right though
At night she's screamin'
"I'm-ma-ma-ma out my mind"

-Sweet but psycho, Ava Max

33| Evelyn

Evelyn still hadn't eaten anything. The bad feeling in her stomach was still there. But the second voice was silent for now.

Evelyn had been thinking over and over about what Cecily said. She was right. Evelyn could not let anxiety take everything away from her. It was her life, her choice, not her anxiety's.

Even though she had anxiety, she still had a choice. She knew that. Even if something went wrong, she would know, she took decision herself, not letting her anxiety win.

That made Evelyn felt better.

Evelyn felt tired to her bones anyway. Her shoulder was tight. She stood up. As if on cue, the door to her room opened.

Mason entered.

Evelyn blinked at him. Mason had his leather jacket on. He looked good. His eyes were bluer.

"Hey," Mason said.

Evelyn felt bad about the morning. There he was, right after the school ended, he came here.

"I'm fine now." Evelyn said, wiggling her toes, looking down in the ground. "Why didn't you came through the window?"

"You dad told me check up on you."

Evelyn remembered what she had said to her dad in the morning. She felt more guilty.

"Please tell him, I'm sorry."

"It'll be better if you tell him yourself. He looked sad."

"Yeah." Evelyn didn't want to look up at him. But she was sorry about him too.

"I am sorry." Evelyn said, "for the morning."

Mason didn't reply.

"It's okay. I get it. I am being a bitch to you. Sometimes I just hate me." Evelyn sighed.

Before she could feel him moving, she was engulfed in a tight hug.