02| M a s o n

I could fall or I could fly
Here in your aeroplane
And I could live, I could die
Hanging on the words you say
And I've been known
to give my all
And lie awake, every day
Don't know how much I can take

- Dive, Ed Sheeran

02| Mason

Mason thought he might not give any shits about the people around him, but he actually did. With his extravagantly observant eyes (cursed in other words), he would see the things he didn't want to see and care about.

He somehow knew which guy was failing maths, which one didn't like football but was playing anyway, which girl was cutting herself. He could clearly see who had trust issues, who had anger management problem and who couldn't sleep at night. That might sound like Mason was a Mr. Know-It-All, but, of course, he wasn't. It was always the little things. Little things were the indication of bigger issues and this little things are invisible until suddenly you start to see them and then you can't unsee them.

Mason would have give it all to help others if it was years ago. But he didn't care now. As habits never grew old, he would still notice things.

Mason had learnt his lessons. He used to wear his heart on his sleeves. That hadn't brought him anything. Moreover, it had taken away things from him. Nobody cared. Why would he? He was friends with everyone. So he thought when he needed help, they would come forward. Did they?

No. The only thing Mason got from them was pity. They showed pity and walked away. Mason learnt his lessons.

Now, Mason was quite restraint about his feelings. Nobody from outside never could tell how he was. Gradually he had taken himself away from everyone, friends or not friends.

Mason hated labeling. The way we label and judge a person with our minds, like the students of Gateway High. They had labelled him. They had labelled themselves. Teens like to label. The Badboys, bullies, Queen bees, it girls, the geeks,the nerds, the gothics, the average people and so many labels.

It is really easy to just distinguish a person with a label. It makes you think you know the other person which gives you a sense of power. Knowledge is power and by labeling them you think you gained knowledge about their personality. Distinguishing them by their one single quality is fun, Isn't it?

But one person cannot be labelled by only one quality. But we make ourselves think so.

Mason did know which label he earned among the fellow student body. But his label won't tell you a thing about him.

Mason loves to read. He loves the smell of hard covers. Old hard covers had a subtle smell. He liked it very much. When comes to genres, Mason was a omnivorous. He read almost every genre, fiction or non fiction. But if you told him to pick out one, he would choose science fictions.