08| M a s o n

We're not who we used to be
We're just two ghost standing
in the place of you and me
Trying to remember how it feels
To have a heartbeat

-Two Ghosts, Harry Styles

08| Mason

The sweet smell of vanilla tickled his nose. It was comforting, engulfing him in an aura that made him forget about everything that was around. Then he remembered who could have that perfume and his eyes fluttered open.

Evelyn's hair first came to his view. He slowly felt his hands. Those were around her shoulders. Evelyn was sleeping on top of him.

Jesus. He gasped.

Mason could remember what happened last night. Evelyn came downstairs and after they finished watching the cool zombie movie ( Evelyn didn't like it at all) she suggested watching something cooler. She brought out a CD of Now you see me. Although Mason had watched the movie before, he couldn't say it out loud. Evelyn was too excited about it.

So they went on watching the movie. Soon, blankets were brought downstairs as the night went colder. Chips and cookies were brought to eat. Mason couldn't still remember when they fell asleep and how Evelyn ended up sleeping on him.

Mason moved a little and felt the blankets draping their feet like a trap. His heart kept playing basketball inside his chest. As for Evelyn, she was sleeping peacefully, he figured. Her breathing was calm and she had her hands wrapped around him.

He moved his hands and tapped on her shoulder, once, twice and she gave no response.

''C'mon, Evelyn, wake up.'' He tapped again.

She mumbled something and shifted a little bit, wrapping him tighter.

''Umm, Evelyn, the sun is up, won't you like to wake up?'' He asked a little bit louder than before.

''Nope. It's comfortable. I am sleeping on something warm. Warm puddle of, of,'' She stops in midway mumbling and jabbed her pinkie in his ribcage. ''Something hard. A warm puddle of something hard, umm weird. But it's comfortable and I don't mind.''

Just open your eyes and we will see how well you don't mind.

''Will you like to tell me exactly what you think it is?'' Mason asked out loud.

''Hmm, of course. It's just my pillows and blankets. Duh.'' She said and dissolved into his chest.

''You do need to open your eyes and take a look at your pillows,'' Mason said clearly and loudly so she could hear.

''What, the pillow talks, how?'' She shifted and pushing her elbow in his chest, she jerked up.

She looked at him. Her hazel eyes went wide as if she had just seen a ghost. In reply, Mason looked at her emotionless.