Chapter XIII

www.bethanyshayporteous.com
https://www.facebook.com/Bethany-Shay-Porteous-283457555158191/

Chapter XIII

"So...how did your phone call go?" I asked as I slipped into Willa's room. She was sat in front of a mirror brushing her hair. It was so weird, having her here with me, going through her nightly routine like we were both back home.

"Well he made a lot of threats that I know he will definitely go through with, but I'm here. He'll just have to suck it up and deal with it. He can't be mad at me forever and if he had just let me go in the first place, I wouldn't have had to disobey his orders."

 I laughed and threw myself down onto the bed, "you have guts."

 I heard her sigh and put down her brush, her chair creaking as she got up. "Ash, you're allowed to stand up for what you believe n. Just because you have a mate it doesn't mean he owns you and can dictate the rest of your life. If we let that happen, we'd never see each other again."

 "I know," I said quietly.

 "Do you?" The bed sunk and I felt her lie beside me. "Ash your mate hit you."

 "I'm aware of that Willa," I ground out. "We are finally communicating with each other, we have talked about it. We both have areas we need to work on to make our relationship work, if I'm going to be with Aron the rest of my life I need to put some effort into my own happiness."

 "What do you even do here? Go to school and rush home before your shut in by metal? When was the last time you sat with the sun?"

 I sat up on the bed and looked down at the feisty version of myself. "I go out into society every day and learn in an all girls school about my powers. I've made a new friend who has been helping me with my magic. I've done a lot more here than I did back home."

 "Ash I have felt a lot through our bond-" I rolled my eyes and she glared at me, "I try not to pry on your emotions but when you think my name over and over it's kind of hard so don't get mad at me!"

 I groaned and put my head in my hands. "Willa I haven't seen you in a very long time. Can we just not argue tonight?" Her face was still pouty so I sighed before I had a light bulb moment. "Come on; tell me all about this Alpha mate of yours."

 -

 "You look stunning!" Josie squealed as she stood back to admire her work. "This is just perfect, you look beautiful. Aron won't be able to keep his eyes off you-"

 "Or his hands!" Alana giggled as she bounced up and down on the balls of her feet. Willa rolled her eyes at Alana but stopped when my gaze met hers.

 She smiled softly, "you look beautiful Ash."

"Now seeing as I had no idea until last night that you would be here Willa I had to make this very quickly. It was Alana's first copy so I retailored it." Josie handed Willa the pale pink dress and pushed her behind the divider to get changed.

 "I hate pink," Willa muttered.

 As everyone bustled around me, pinning various bits of fabric I stared at my reflection in the three floor length mirrors around me. I stood in a long white, lace wedding gown. My arms up to my neck was clade in the white lace that extended down my chest and dress as it flowed into silk the further it got to the floor. I rotated slightly to admire the back, the white pearl buttons holding the back together.

 This was not a traditional witch gown but Josie had done her best, trying to incorporate traditional vampire and witch. My hair would be pinned in a loose bun with baby's breath and the veil would start from the middle of the bun.