Chapter IX

www.bethanyshayporteous.com
https://www.facebook.com/Bethany-Shay-Porteous-283457555158191/

Chapter IX

Aron led me through the halls and toward a door with a thick black sheet in front of it. He paused in front of it and grabbed a black ring out from his pocket, sliding it on his finger. I watched in surprised as he pulled back the blanket and sunlight shone in.

"A daylight ring," he smiled, "it only had two hours though." Taking my hand he led me outside and I closed my eyes at the feel of the sun on my cheeks. It felt amazing.

Aron led me over to a circular white table, a place set for two in the centre of the grassed courtyard that overlooked the rest of the grounds and the huge river. Pulling out my chair for me he helped me sit before taking his own seat across from me.

"You look beautiful under the sun love," he murmured as he took my hand, stroking his thumb along my knuckles. "I wish I could give you the sun always."

So do I.

"Isn't there a way of – of making permanent daylight rings?" I asked, genuinely curious.

He grinned, something I wasn't familiar with and it nearly knocked me off my chair. "You tell me love; you're the witch at the table." His grin left though and his face became more serious, "Alana – Talon's mate – has requested to spend time with you working on your magic..."
I nodded, "we were discussing it...but isn't she an elemental? How can she help me with my powers, they're totally different."

"She has a friend who wants to help." The food – or should I say my food – came out as a silver goblet was placed in front of Aron, a bowl of pasta and chicken was placed in front of me.

We ate in comfortable silence – I was taking in the view and trying to ignore Aron's gaze on me as he drank. As I finally finished my food I looked back over at Aron and flushed when I found he was still watching me.

"How about a daylight tour of the grounds love?" He stood up and took my hand, kissing my forehead before placing my arm in the crook of his and began leading me further into the grounds.

We strolled through the extensive gardens in silence, my mind was racing with his new personality and I was wondering how long it would last until I said something else he didn't like or agree with.

Suddenly he pulled me to a stop and held my upper arms, gazing down at me with a softness that my father used to use when he looked at my mother.

"Ashia," he murmured as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "I want to have our ceremony before you meet the coven in two weeks. I love you, and we're going to be together forever...there's no use in putting off the inevitable."

I looked at him in shock; I had not been expecting that. Sure he had given me time and had waited longer than any male would wait for their bride/mate whatever.  But...he had just hit me and now he was declaring his love and wanting us to be unified?

Did I even get a choice in this?

"Love," he murmured. Looking back up at him he stroked my cheek before sliding it down my left arm and grazing over my hand. Feeling something cold on my finger I looked down, gasping at the gold band with the scary black rock in the middle.

Clearly I didn't get a choice...but could I even say no anyway? Would that give me more pain than it was worth of delaying something inevitable? We had already shared our blood with each other and every day I could feel the tingle as our souls slowly bound together – we would have been bound by now had we completed it.

Kissing my hand with the ring he placed it over his heart, a rare smile gracing his features that near had my mind turn to mush at the sight of it.

"O-okay," I whispered.

-

Two days later I was with Josie in the sitting room after a dreadful day at school jotting down names of people I knew that I wanted at my wedding. My list was miserable and only consisted of my family and close friends of my family.

Aron's list was the whole coven and any other friends he had made in his whole lifetime.

The extensive list made me feel sick.

The whole day girls had swarmed around me, deeming me safe enough to talk too now I wore a ring and word of the marriage had gotten out amongst the coven. Girls complimented my features, my accent, my body – they even picked me first in gym.

Aron hadn't been around much either, even at night he hadn't come to bed. Josie said they were laying out new patrols for the borders and he was spending more time in his office.

"He just wants to make sure things are safe for once you two are mated I doubt he's going to want to work much," she winked and my face flamed.

I had made the realisation I had slept with Aron in his bed about four times out of the two and a bit weeks I had been here and we didn't bathe like he said we would after that night we had blood shared.

Maybe the temptation was too much and he was staying away, which was sweet in a way. I'm glad he wasn't forcing the mating on me; however the idea of mating with him and still knowing barely anything about him didn't sit right with me either.

We never just talk.

"Okay so the ceremony is set for next Saturday," Josie squeaked. "It'll be outside so Morgana can bless it and our pastor has agreed to incorporate both a witch and vampire ceremony."

Snapping back to reality I weakly smiled at Josie, "okay."

"Alright, out with it! Seriously any other girl would be jumping up and down at the idea of her wedding! I remember mine," she started wistfully; "oh Alrik could barely keep his hands off me until after the ceremony. But I made him wait, beg and plead."

My face flamed and I stood up hastily – that was a conversation I did not want to hear. "Josie, do we have a phone?" My voice wobbled and I didn't even know I was on the verge of crying until I felt my eyes sting.

Her face dropped, "what's wrong Ash?"

"I just haven't spoken to my mom in a while... I would really like to speak to her about this stuff...You've been great I just want to speak to my mom-"

"She'll be here next Saturday you big goose," she gave me a squeezy hug before letting me go. "I'll go see how far off dinner is."

She left quickly and knew then and there, she was not good at handling emotion.

Standing alone in the room gazing at the vast space and the fire going cold in the corner...I had never felt more alone.

A/N

My computer was being a cow and deleted my beautiful chapter that I wrote. Hate the technology guys because I do. I'm sorry how small this one is L Give Ashia some love for me, she's reflecting on my mood right now. 

www.bethanyshayporteous.com
https://www.facebook.com/Bethany-Shay-Porteous-283457555158191/