Chapter VII

www.bethanyshayporteous.com
https://www.facebook.com/Bethany-Shay-Porteous-283457555158191/

Chapter VII

Aron looked torn between disclosing the answer to my question and simply ignoring it. I lost my appetite due to the fact he hadn't been able to just tell me and I knew he must be a part of it.

He stood up and sighed, running his hands through his hair as a truly pained expression flittered across his features.

"You don't have to tell me," I said standing up, walking over to his tense posture. "I was just curious...people have been mentioning it...and you, a lot these days. Even my sister on the first night we met...but you don't have to tell me," I just wanted that pained look off his face.

He turned his body to stare at me, his features softened as he took me into his arms and held me tightly to him. I relaxed into his chest, breathing in his smell as I closed my eyes.

"Black Sunday is a time in my life that I'm neither proud of nor sorry for," he deep voice murmured into my ear. I shivered as he pulled my arms up around his neck and pulled back to look into my eyes, "you were right when you said you feel the sadness in these walls. This castle was once a very happy place, however even family can betray you."

I looked at him, confused and trying to decipher what he just said.

"My parents died because of my-"

"Aron we have a problem downstairs," Alrik broke off whatever Aron was going to say and he released me instantly.

Aron kissed my forehead before leaving and I was left standing alone, wandering what the hell he was going to tell me.

I decided to go and do some homework, maybe hunt around for a phone and then beg Aron to call my sister for me. I needed to hear her voice, not just see scrapped hand writing on paper.
Aron was gone for a long time and I finished my work quickly so I was left to roam the place, completely forgetting the tour he had given me.

Many doors were locked; others were open but were just guest rooms or bathrooms. One door led up to a tower Aron hadn't taken me up and I was surprised to find it bare and empty, minus an old blanket tossed in the corner.

What excited me however were the rays of sunlight coming through the window.

An excited scream left my lips as I ran to the window, my eyes glinting at the light I had not been used to in weeks. A delighted sigh escaped my mouth as I stuck my head out, feeling the warm rays of the sun on my face.

"Oh Morgana," I breathed out. "Sunshine," I whispered.

I stayed up there for a while, enjoying the sun and taking in the wind on my face. I missed this so much, and the gardens looked so beautiful during the day. The sun had obviously just risen; you could still feel the nights chill in the air.

"Ashia?" I heard Aron's voice call from the bottom of the stairs. I pulled back from the window and slowly walked to the top of the stairs. Aron stood in the shadows, he looked freshly showered and he was only in some long pants.

"There's sun up here," I whispered.

He nodded slowly, "I know. Usually this door is locked and for good reason...it's a holding cell love."

Funny how a cell for prisoners had made me feel so at home.

Another thought plagued me though, "why do you have a holding cell for?"

His eyes tightened marginally, "for my prisoners. We're about to move one of them up here, you need to come out love. Go have a shower; I don't want you near her."