Chapter IV

www.bethanyshayporteous.com
https://www.facebook.com/Bethany-Shay-Porteous-283457555158191/

Chapter IV

Dear Willa,

Perhaps it would best if you have the album for a while, I don't feel like taking pictures and it seems you may have better use of it for now. I was going to ring before I realised I'm not sure if we even have a phone, and even if we did I have no idea what the number is.

The journey here was long and I spent most of it in darkness, though surprisingly I managed to speak to the pilot when I went up for some sunshine – however I have not seen the sun since then, it has been about forty-eight hours since I last felt the sun, and more than that since I felt it properly in my skin.

It's weird though - for some reason I don't feel as drained as I thought I would, I woke up this evening feeling quite alive in all honesty, and I thought having not practiced any magic or sat with the earth would have made me weaker.

I'm to start school soon apparently – proper school, a total of five hundred girls -  and not just witches either, a vast array of many other supernatural beings, however Lord Aron never mentioned any werewolves, however it is quite cold here and they do like the warmth don't they?

I meet with the head mistress today and I'm utterly terrified – terrified to be locked behind gates with strange girls for eight hours and terrified dare I say it – to not have him by my side. As much as I don't want to be here, and I grudgingly admit, he makes it somewhat easier, although I wish he'd touch me less.

I don't understand what I feel when he does touch me, and the odd times he kisses me – I feel so...so unsure, I'm not sure I have no idea to be honest. This morning/evening I woke up and I was completely wrapped around him, I nearly flipped out and was too terrified to move in case I woke him – I ended up falling back to sleep!

I'm not sure what these feelings are Willa; I wish I had you here to talk to.

Give my love to father and mother,

Ash

I set the pen down and stared at the letter, letting out a side sigh I placed it in the white envelope along with the photo album. I sealed it and jotted down the address, gathering it up and placing it on the bed as I walked over to the drawers, trying to find something decent to wear to meet the head mistress – I hadn't packed much formal clothing.

All I could find was a black skirt and a navy blue button up, and that would just have to do. I changed in the bathroom before assessing my appearance in the mirror. The loose bun still looked appropriate so I exited the bathroom, collecting my black coat and the package from my bed and leaving the room.

Surprisingly, Aron had left me alone since breakfast, he had just told me to be at his study by lunch.

I glanced at the clock by the wall, it read five past one. That was lunch for me so now I had the task of finding his office. The shutters were up and the curtains were pulled back to reveal a bright moon outside that flowed into the hall I walked down.