Chapter XV

www.bethanyshayporteous.com
https://www.facebook.com/Bethany-Shay-Porteous-283457555158191/

Chapter XV

"...now with the blessing of Morgana and the presence of our witnesses to this matrimony I hereby declare you husband and wife. You may kiss your Bride."

 My heart faltered over the finality of the words and as Aron gently cupped my  cheek and placed a soft kiss to my lips I felt something in me glow, my acceptance of this match. Morgana's acceptance. It finally just felt right.

 The crowd erupted into cheers and applause as Aron pulled away and blinding flashes of light went of everywhere. As Aron led me down the stairs and we began the walk back down the aisle people beamed at us, wished us well, some of the vampires were even crying as they gently touched my shoulder.

 By the time we made it back inside, Josie, Alrik, my parents and my sister were waiting.

 "Oh what a beautiful ceremony," mum cried as she pulled me in for a hug. "You look so beautiful Ash."

 "We don't have much time," Josie cut in as she looked through her notebook. "We have an hour for wedding photos before we have to go to the reception, and our photo location is about a ten minute drive from here."

 "Of course, of course," mum hurriedly wiped her eyes.

 At that moment Talon and Alana came in, grinning.

 "Okay we have everyone, we can leave." As they all started leaving the room I made to follow, only stopping when Aron tugged on my arm.

 "Are you okay, love?" He murmured as he brushed a stray hair from my face.

 I nodded, "it all just seems to be flying by in front of my eyes."

 He smiled as he started leading me from the room, "it will all be on tape. I feel the same as you."

 -

 "Okay just the bride and groom now," the short, balding photographer ordered. As my parents and the rest of the wedding party made their way back to the cars it was just Aron and I and I was glad for the brief silence, before the barking orders of the photographer came in.

 "Okay, Lady Ashia if you'd just stand on that stair there – yes – and Lord Aron just below, take her hand – yes, perfect – yes," he kept muttering his own self-congratulations as he snapped picture after picture.

 I gazed down into Aron's own warm eyes and I felt myself smiling.

 "Okay now if you'd join your husband on his step Lady Ashia. Lord Aron, hold her in the way you most feel comfortable, forget we are here. Just think it's only the two of you." I wondered how he'd pull that off. Photographers, guards? Sure, just us.

 As Aron turned me to face him, his arms went  around my waist and behind me, my own reflexively going to his chest.

 Flash.

 "I have never seen anyone more beautiful than you right now," he murmured as he leant his forehead against mine. "I will never understand how the universe allowed me to have you."

 My cheeks went red and I dropped my gaze to his chest.

 Flash.

 -

 Aron helped me out of the car as we came to the start of the red carpet that led to the reception tent. I gently got out and tucked my hand into the crook of his arm, watching as the tent came closer into view.

 "Presenting...for the first time..." a voice boomed as we reached the doors of the tent. "Lord Aron and Lady Ashia Ahasverus!" The doors glided open and Aron gave my hand a gentle squeeze as he led us in, cheers and applause booming in the giant tent.