Chapter II

www.bethanyshayporteous.com
https://www.facebook.com/Bethany-Shay-Porteous-283457555158191/

Chapter II

We walked through the airport, Aron holding my bag with one hand and my hand with his other. All around me were vampires and werewolves; I hadn't been off the property and this close to strangers in a very long time.

It made me nervous.

I saw many men chatting idly with other men, sometimes they had a woman beside them that looked as equally terrified as I, other times they would both be gazing into each other's eyes, murmuring whispers to each other.

Many people stopped to look at us as we walked, and I assumed it was because of Aron. I still had no idea why Willa was nearly gushing over him, I had never heard of him in my life – clearly he was somebody important.

Nobody approached him however; they maintained a distance offering a respectful nod before going back to their conversations.

We made it to the boarding queue and I stopped to take a breath as we waited in line. I felt nervous around all these strangers, and the queue was so stuffy. I felt the eyes of everyone boring into the back of my skull and my left arm became itchy from the anxiety I began feeling.

Once I boarded this plane I would separated by the ocean from my family. My beautiful Willa. I closed my eyes trying to hold my emotions in as I toyed with her bracelet. She had known what was going to happen, and she had given me her bracelet, an attempt to keep us connected.

A cold hand suddenly landed over the hand that was scratching roughly at my arm and I came back to awareness as I looked up at Aron who was frowning at my arm. Following his gaze I saw the little specks of blood.

Not unusual for me, whenever I begin to get nervous I always itch in that same spot, one time I peeled back most of the skin. Aron however looked horrified, I opened my mouth to say something and then closed it, what was I meant to say?

"C-can we not stay...with my family...j-just for a couple of days?" I whispered, feeling the homesickness washing over me in waves as I scratched my arm.

"You're hurting yourself," his deep voice rumbled. I jumped, having not heard it since we left the house. His tone was coloured with disapproval as he inspected my arm, before placing his hand back over it and leaving it there, pulling me forward when the line began to move. He ignored my question completely.

It began to itch with intensity again and I tried to pull it from Aron's hands, "i-it doesn't hurt, Lord Aron...it's j-just itchy."

Aron held it tighter, "I'm not going to allow you to peel your beautiful skin from your body. Come, we're boarding." He pulled me forward, handing the man at the gate our tickets. Pushing me in front of him, his hand at the small of my back guided me through the tunnel before we entered the crowded plan, already full of people.

I stilled, there were too many people, all looking at me before either holding their curious gaze or dropping it back to whatever they were doing before I had entered. I turned suddenly only to smack into Aron's chest. My heart began pounding as I realised this was it, and all I wanted was to drop to the floor and cry. "P-please don't make m-me leave my family," I pleaded quietly, my eyes welling up.

His eyes bore into mine and my heart rose at the tiny amount of defeat I saw in them, thinking he was about to agree.
"Sir let me direct you to your seat," the hostess behind me said to Aron.

"First class," Aron murmured, not taking his eyes off mine. I dropped my gaze to the ground, not wanting him to see me cry as he brushed past me, taking my hand and leading me through the aisles before I was led up some stairs.