Chapter XXIII

Chapter XXIII

I woke up alone and I stretched out in the large bed, realizing the shutters were slowly coming up. I focused my eyes on the sky outside, noting the thick cloud coverage and there was hardly any light coming from the moon as it bobbed in an out of the clouds.

My thoughts drifted to my family and I wondered if I should press Aron further on going home. If we kept it quiet then his sister would never find out, it was probably better than being locked in the castle and if I decided to go to school there was still the fact that I would probably be heavily chaperoned.

I missed my mom and my dad and I really missed Willa.

Deciding to get up I pulled on my robe and left the bedroom, deciding to go straight to Aron's study. He wouldn't have left the house without telling me. Knocking gently on the door I didn't have to wait long before it swept open and a tired looking Aron faced me.

"Have you slept?" I asked him as I took in his dark eyes. "At all?"

"No," he said gruffly as he went back to his desk. "I've spent the night executing trespassers."

As you do, I thought sarcastically.

"Aron," I said softly. "I really think I should go and stay with my parents. You need to be able to go out and find your sister. I will be well protected, and doesn't your friend – what was his name? Sebastian? Doesn't he live close by?"

Aron was silent but I could tell he was thinking.

"I need to see my family and they need to see me," I murmured softly. "You can send some people with me if you want."

Aron began nodding and my chest fluttered. "You're right," he said. "And you're family should be able to use some sort of spell to cloak you anyway, you wouldn't be discovered and then I can deal with my sister. I'm working with Josie and Alrik, they seem to think they can lure her out but this is going to get worse before it gets good again. At least if I know you're safe then I will be able to focus."

"It won't be easy," I said quietly. "Being away from each other."

Aron nodded and came over to my, taking my hands in his. "I brought this upon us, I became too confident and I should know how my sister behaves and thinks. You going away is my punishment, a well-deserved one for even putting your life at risk."

A knock sounded on Aron's door and Alrik walked in with a few other men. "Sorry," Alrik excused himself. "We have some new leads on where Clara may be."

Aron nodded before he looked back at me. "You should start packing and I will contact your parents."

"Packing?" Alrik asked with a frown.

"Ashia is going home to stay with her parents for a while. She will be fully protected and out from the grasp of Clara, I can't focus on catching my sister and making sure I know where Ashia is at all times. I will enlist Sebastian to keep a close eye and I will send a few guards with her."

"A very good idea," Josie announced as she walked in. "I will go with her."

"What about the wolves her sister lives with?" Alrik asked, his face changing at the thought of Willa.

"There will be strict guidelines to her parents that no wolf should enter their covens border. They wouldn't risk Ashia's safety." Aron's decision was resolute and I was believed. I trusted my parents immensely and I knew they wouldn't let me get hurt, and Willa would not allow her mate or his pack to hurt me either. I didn't say this out loud as I knew Aron would have something to say in return.

I felt a bubble of excitement burst through me, I was going to see my family!

A/N

I know it's short but I still wanted to give you guys something! My other works have been updated today so feel free to check those out. As always, please vote and comment!

  I will be back with updates on the 30/12/2016 as I am mega busy in the lead up to Christmas! See you then :)