Chapter XIX

www.bethanyshayporteous.com
https://www.facebook.com/Bethany-Shay-Porteous-283457555158191/

Chapter XIX

My lids were heavy as they slowly opened and I took in a blurry, bare looking room. As my vision began to focus and I could lift my head higher I noted I was in a white room, chained to a chair – the only piece of furniture.

What was happening?

I pulled at the chains but my limbs felt sluggish, I have definitely been drugged. Fear spiked through my body as I wondered how long I had been out for, and why hadn't Aron found me yet.

There was no way to escape and I didn't have the strength to remove the chains and judging by how extra sluggish I felt I assumed it was day time, my magic would be useless.

I didn't even know if I was good enough to break chains.

"Well...what a pleasure it is...Ashlyn is it?"

Ceasing my struggles I turned to look up at the person with the funny sounding voice, like her tongue wasn't working properly, her pronunciation off completely. As I looked at the woman whose face was practically torn down the left side, now scarred in red line, something in her eyes looked familiar.

"I know you're slowly starting to work it out," she said as her jaw seemed to go out of place each time she spoke.

"Clara," I whispered. She was deformed – nothing like the beautiful woman who had been in that portrait. Two of her fingers on her left hand were missing, as well as her ear on her right side.

I swallowed my nausea. Aron did this.

"Good job, I'm glad my brother had the decency to mention me. I am surprised that he did."

"I asked," I whispered.

"Of course."

The room was quiet as she seemed to be evaluating me, her eyes seeming to take in everyone part of my body. My main fear was what she was planning to do to me.

"Speaking of my brother, he's been in contact. Don't worry, your mate hasn't deserted you," she rolled her eyes. "Obviously I have conditions; if he wants you back the way you are he needs to comply. Otherwise...well," she laughed but it sounded wrong, gargled. Maybe she wasn't even laughing. "We could always replicate his torture. I have waited a long time for his mate after all."

Closing my eyes I felt my body tremor, "please don't."

"You think it's fair I have to look like this? I don't get my mate but he gets everything? I don't think so!"

"No, I don't...but doing what he did to you won't change anything."

"I'd feel marginally better," she murmured.

My palms were sweating and clear thought was leaving, my stomach felt like it was going to empty itself. "W-why n-not just ask A-Aron f-for your mate...l-like a trade."

She smirked at me – awkwardly, her mouth on the left side of her face hung slightly. "Oh I have thought about it...but then I thought of something better. Let's see how much he's willing to do for his little bride hm? Would he turn himself over?"

Tears pricked in my eyes as I tried to hold in the desperate sobs that wanted to escape.

"Please."

"Please what?"

"P-please don't do this...I-I didn't...I n-never..."

"This isn't about you. This is about getting back at my brother. You're just an instrument to do so. No hard feelings."