Chapter VI

www.bethanyshayporteous.com
https://www.facebook.com/Bethany-Shay-Porteous-283457555158191/

Chapter VI

The light was drifting in and out as Aron drained me and in turn replaced my blood with his, as I replaced his with mine. Already I could feel our souls weaving in with each other and I was slowly becoming increasingly aware of every move he made.

The raggedness of his breath against my neck, the tugs of blood he took from my veins had me overwhelmed with sensation, how tight he held me in his arms – every sensation he experienced I in turn experienced.

It happened to quickly, before long I tasted my blood coming from his wrist and I felt him pull away from my neck, grabbing me by the shoulders as he pinned me up against the wall.

His gaze was hot on mine, his breathing heavy as he stared deep into my eyes.

I felt so connected to him, with every movement he made I felt it. I stood naked in his arms, my hands on his waist as I stared at him, really looking at his face properly for the first time. His eyes will still harsh also held a soft gaze as he looked down at me, but also within the depths there was an amount of sorrow I couldn't comprehend.

I felt my body hum, the idea of him having gone through any pain hurt to think about. I held my soulmate in my arms, a man who would do anything for me and all he'd want me to do is love him and pledge myself to him.

"Ashia..." Aron's voice had a nervous edge to it and I realised I had zoned out. Coming back to reality I realised the bathroom lights were flickering and my hands held an ice white glow. I took my hands off his waist and the glow stopped and the lights returned back to normal. "What was that?" He asked.

"I'm not sure... that happens to Willa when she does magic – but her hands glow orange not white..."  I lost my train of thought as he cupped my cheek.

"We can continue the mating love, or we can stop now, if we do I'll have to go stay somewhere else."

I swallowed deeply as his intense hungry eyes stared down at me. I had to remind myself that I knew nothing about this man – this man that everyone knew so much about and I knew so little. How his name was said in shock or admiration or fear.

Swallowing deeply I shook my head, "we should s-stop."

He was gone in a blink of an eye, leaving me cold and shocked. How hard had he been restraining himself from taking me?

-

I awoke the next morning in an empty bed – I wasn't surprised. I slowly got ready for school, feeling way more with it than most mornings. I felt like I could smell better, see better and hear better. Breakfast was amazing, it was like my taste buds had gone nuts.

I had to put it down to the fact that it was because of Aron's blood now running through my veins, I shared his senses.

"Ashia?" I looked up from breakfast to find Josie standing beside me with a smile. "Aron asked for me to give you this darling," she handed me an envelope and I recognised Willa's handwriting on the front.

Swallowing my excitement I looked back at Josie who was peering at my neck. "Where is Aron?" I asked.

She gave me a grin, "in his office but he said not to go see him until he came to you. You know I am surprised he managed to restrain himself from taking you, god knows when Alrik and I drank each other's blood – whew, this place was emptied for a few days."