Black Paper Moon {Romania... again.}

Black Paper Moon {Romania x Reader}

"We can make it through most anything, if you can just believe." 

Note: Man, I really wish I could have had this posted before October 31st, since this was supposed to be my Halloween chapter buuut my laptop just had to break down; I just barely got it fixed, thus why I'm now posting a mega-late Halloween-themed chapter in November. Sigh.

So, this is a songfic to 'Black Paper Moon', the English fandub. It's full length & sounds really professional, you should check it out! It's by 'geekyfandubs' on YouTube :D

Every night for the past week, you've had the same dream.

It's dark outside, and you're alone. You're standing in the middle of an empty street, you can barely breathe, and you don't recognize your surroundings.

There's a boy staring at you from down the street. He's far enough so that you can't see his face or notice any distinguishable features. He's bathed in the glow of a streetlamp; if you walked forward about twenty or thirty feet, then you'd be face-to-face.

Without knowing why, you begin to run towards him; for you'd suddenly felt an intense affection for him—even if he was merely a stranger. Just as you're about to approach him, he gives you a somber smile.

You gasp at his beauty; you didn't recognize this boy. But in that moment, everything starts to disappear.

You're swallowed by your own shadow; the world around you submerges into darkness…

You always woke up right there.

The 'dream', you came to realize, was more like a 'nightmare'. You had never experienced recurring nightmares before, especially ones as vivid and repetitive as this.

…Needless to say, you were frightened. You just couldn't shake off the fear that it might be a premonition—this deadly night may actually come. You could only count the days until it did, one way or another.

I'm falling,

Down into my shadow

Grasping onto every breath

As I await the Deadly night…

Vladimir watched as you went through your school day.

He was shrouded in shadows, the chilly October air passing through his nearly nonexistent body. Disguised as darkness beneath the red-and-orange leafed trees, he sighed and couldn't help but notice the school's décor.

The Halloween decorations scattered throughout campus brought him nothing but dismay. After all, they were a terribly bitter reminder as to why he could never show himself to you.

He despised this time of the year, this silly holiday full of ghosts, monsters, and vampires. He wanted to be with you beneath a shining sun. But he knew that after last year—when your memories of him were stolen from you—that his dreams of your company were long gone.

He absolutely hated Halloween.

He tried to steer clear of autumn leaves, pumpkins, and anything of the sort. He was terrified of this month, but not for the assumed reasons.

He feared that something else would happen to you.

He hoped the witches would never find you again.