The Haunted {Russia}

• Dedicated to Scarpath on FanFiction

The Haunted {Russia x Reader}

“I wish her ghost would just let us be…”

Note: This one’s for Scarpath on FanFiction.net, who was the first to request Russia. Songfic to ‘Haunted’ by Rihanna. Haha… I bet you guys thought Ivan would be the ghost in this chapter, huh~?

Obviously, he & Natalya aren’t related in this story.

Marriage, marriage.

Let’s get married, let’s get married, let’s get married, the words chimed in your mind like a bell. Why? Because your boyfriend of three years had just asked you last night, ‘Will you marry me?’

Ivan Braginsky was his name. How would your first name sound with his surname right after it? More than anything, you knew you loved him; your relationship was ready for the final step of holy matrimony. With only a moment to take in a breath, you’d told him ‘Yes.’

Ivan already knew where he wanted to marry you; it would be in one of the churches of Saint Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow, Russia. You’d already decided that his sister—and your very best friend—Katyusha would be your maid of honor. Ever since last night, you couldn’t think of anything but your wedding day.

It wasn’t going to be for a while—perhaps a year from now. At the moment, you were in the passenger seat of a rented car; Ivan was driving you to his house.

You’d just gotten off a plane trip; you’d traveled 4,137 miles from your home in the States to the famous city of Moscow, Russia. For the past three years, you’d been living with Ivan in Alaska. Vacationing in his old home in Russia seemed like a good idea, plus he could see his family. Not only that, but you could visit the place where you planned to marry.

He was almost to his old house, which he still owned. “Hey, Ivan. Are we getting close?” You asked, just to make sure.

He nodded quietly, “…We are.”

He’d seemed distant, even nervous. Subconsciously, you wondered why. Could it be jetlag from the long flight? “…Are you feeling okay?”

He kept his eyes on the road, hands clamped tightly around the steering wheel. “Yes, I’m okay.” He peeked at you from the side, giving you a small smile for reassurance.

…So why did he still sound troubled?

Soon afterward, he pulled into an enormous, snow-covered driveway.

To be honest, the house looked like an abandoned mansion. It obviously hadn’t been tended to in a while, and the sky was gray and cloudy, the street was silent as the night. Clearly there were no neighbors. Overall, the house gave off an ominous feeling that caused you to ask, “Um… so no one’s lived here in three years?” It wasn’t what you meant to say, but that was the first thing that slipped from your mouth.

Da. It may look bad from the outside, but it’s nice inside.” He parked, powered the car off, and began to open his door. “It is… okay with you, right?” He asked before stepping out.

You gave him a sweet smile. Even with the visible age, it was still a nice and large house. “It’s okay with me. I like it.”

Little did you know, the inside of the house would set off the most horrifying phenomenon in your lifetime.

You were warned as soon as you stepped in. Ivan walked around, unfazed. You, however, immediately sensed something uncomfortable. You got a sudden feeling of dread, and a wind of melancholy hit your body like the start of a hurricane.