A Black Market Masquerade {Mafia!Romano}

• Dedicated to Miistical on FanFiction.net :)

A Black Market Masquerade {Mafia!Romano x Reader}

“I never thought a girl like you would come to rescue me…”

Note: Dedicated to my friend Miistical for requesting Mafia!Lovi. :) I don’t know much about the mafia, but I hope I was able to pull off the theme.

Also, beware, this chapter is monster-long. uvu

Home is not where the heart is—it’s where you want it to be.

You’d realized this after you left your broken household in Northern Europe for a different country. You’d left behind your no-good father, many depressing memories of your long-gone mother, along with a few close friends, but it wasn’t anything you couldn’t handle. After all, your father was a terrible role model—one you didn’t care to go into details about.

So, you’d decided to attend college in Italy. You’d always been interested in the nation, and the college attendance was only second to your choice in moving here.

Currently, you were living in your own apartment, working as a barista at a nearby coffee shop.

“Alright _____, feel free to take your break.” Your boss said as she passed you by—sauntering over to the front of the shop.

“Okay, thanks.” Graciously, you slipped into the backroom for employees.

Once there, you rummaged around your locker for your laptop. Thankfully, your boss was kind enough to allow you to bring such devices, and there weren’t many other workers here. It was simply a hole-in-the-wall type of coffee shop, and yet it was cozy and popular.

You turned on the portable computer and opened up Skype. Luckily, they were online.

Immediately, they sent you a request for a video chat. They knew this was your time of break.

You fixed your hair a bit and then clicked to accept.

“_____!” Mathias shouted as soon as he saw you.

Grinning, you responded, “Hey guys.”

“How’s it going?!” He appeared on screen along with your four other friends from Northern Europe.

“I’m fine, what about the rest of you?”

Tino smiled sweetly, “Well, we miss you!”

Lukas nodded in agreement, “It’s boring without you here. There’s no one to help me tame Mathias.”

You chuckled, “I’m sure there is.”

“Actually, there’s no one sane to hang out with,” Emil clarified with a pout. “At least, not since you left.”

You happened to glance at Berwald—since he seemed quite sane—but he stayed quiet, listening intently.

“Well I guess it’s nice to know I’m the most-missed person in the Nordic region,” You joked lightly.

“You got that right!” Mathias shouted—his tone of voice a bit too serious.

You chatted with them a while longer. The topics varied from your new college, house, and job, along with some of the new things your friends were trying out.

“So yeah, I volunteer to dress up as Santa during the holiday season at The Santa Claus Village! Isn’t that neat?!”

To everyone’s dismay, you talked the most with Tino— but he’d always been especially close.