Body Heat {Austria}

Body Heat {Austria x Reader}

“I’m cold so come a bit closer… I’m not gonna do anything, silly.”

You discreetly leaned over to Hungary, who was still fuming. “Are you alright?” You whispered to your friend; holding a hand in front of your mouth so the male some feet away wouldn’t read your lips.

“Fine, just fine,” She responded a bit too quickly. You noticed the anger still laced in her voice from her current argument with Austria.

“Not sharing secrets about me, are you?” He questioned suspiciously from his side of the room.

Hungary stood back up, obviously annoyed. “Austria, I’m serious-”

Almost as soon as she started talking again, you noticed Austria roll his eyes and turn away. “-It’s no big deal.” He mumbled.

She groaned, “Yes it is. I’m only worried about your well-being. Do you want to die young?” You could almost hear the desperation in her voice.

Without looking up from his sheet music, Austria responded, “I won’t die young.”

“You don’t know that for sure. You’re the most out-of-shape person I know. Do you understand how unhealthy that is?” She crossed her arms defiantly.

He blew out a breath of air, clearly exasperated. “Oh, just be quiet. I’ve been living this way my whole life.” He brushed it off as another one of her ‘friendly’ complaints.

Hungary threw you a pleading look, one that read ‘for god’s sake, help me’. You sighed, and turned your attention to Austria. “She’s only trying to help you.” He didn’t acknowledge your words, even when you emphasized ‘help’.

“She’s right. I’m not just telling you this to complain,” Hungary’s tone softened a bit, and her face showed genuine worry. “I’m honestly worried for you, Austria.”

That managed to get his full attention. He put down his papers and finally looked up at her. “…Is that so?” He spoke after a few seconds. He seemed surprised at her sudden change in attitude; possibly feeling guilty that he’d been dismissing her genuine concerns. Maybe she was right. He shouldn’t overlook such important matters.

“And besides, you walk slow, can’t jog for a couple minutes without getting a cramp, rely on me for your entire housekeeping, and…” She continued to name his lack in physical ability on her fingers, with each one her voice getting louder and sharper. Yup, that’s the Hungary I know, you thought cheekily.

As she returned to her usual demanding attitude, Austria groaned and fell back in his chair. He childishly covered his ears, to which Hungary threatened to attack with her frying pan.

You laughed at their bickering, though it was still surfacing a serious topic. Austria’s physical ability was pretty lacking, but you weren’t exactly sure if it was life-threatening, as Hungary had tried to prove.

“_____, don’t you agree?” She asked, still holding up a frying pan to Austria’s face.

“Sure.” You responded quickly, only so she wouldn’t get mad at you for the delay.

Austria rolled his eyes again, a slight pout on his lips.

“So you’ll go?” She asked hopefully.

“Wait, what?” …What the hell was she talking about again?

Without waiting for a response, she grabbed Austria’s wrist and dragged him over to his bedroom. “She already agreed. Now get packing.” She ordered.