False Impression {China}

False Impression {China x Reader}

“He wanted nothing more than to strangle you/admit he loved you.”

“Thanks for the help, China. I really appreciate it,” You told your friend China as he rummaged through his locker.

He turned a bit to you. “Oh, you’re welcome. Feel free to ask me for help anytime aru!” He said with a genuine smile.

You grinned back, “Okay. I’ll be going to class now, see ya.” You waved at him. “And you too, Italy!” You added before turning around to walk to your next class.

As you left, you didn’t feel China’s golden-brown eyes lingering on your retreating back. He watched you leave, a longing expression on his gentle face.

Subconsciously, he sighed deeply before turning back around to close his locker.

Only just as the metal door slammed shut, a face appeared right behind it.

“Ahh!” China yelped in surprise as Italy stared him down. “Don’t… do that,” He complained weakly once he caught his breath.

“Ve~, China? Can I ask you a question?” The innocent Italian asked sheepishly.

China finished putting his books into his backpack, and looked up at his friend. “Sure. What is it aru?”

“Do you like _____?”

China nearly dropped his backpack. “Eh—what?” He stuttered, trying to steady his shaking hands into grabbing the backpack properly.

“Do you like _____?” He repeated, his voice more slow and clear, “As in like like her?”

A few seconds of silence…

“ … What the hell gave you that idea aru?!”

Italy shrugged, “I just think you like her.”

China ignored him and began walking down the hall; which Italy immediately noticed, so he began to follow him. “Huh? Well do you?” He asked impatiently, keeping up with China’s long strides.

“Why are you following me aru.” He said, more of a statement than a question.

Italy giggled a bit. “’Cause we have the same class, silly~!”

China tried to keep from rolling his eyes. “Whatever, aru. Just drop it.”

Once he and Italy got into World History class, China thought for sure he’d heard the last of it. Especially since Italy began talking about other things rather than you and China.

But of course, he was wrong.

During the lesson, he noticed Italy keep whispering to different people. And those people whispering to other people. And those people to other people. And, you get the point.

It was really starting to irritate him. What could Italy possibly be saying that was important enough to tell literally everyone?

After class was over, China went directly to him. “What have you been telling everyone, aru?” He asked suspiciously.

A part of him deep down already knew, but he wanted to bury that part and tell it to shut up or else. It was simply too absurd to be true—and if it was… China was pretty sure Italy knew better than to tell anyone.

“Oh, China!” Italy grinned happily, and hugged his friend tightly.

“Now’s not the time, aru.” China deadpanned, staying as stiff as a board under Italy’s embrace.