Problems of a Drinking Contest {America}

Problems of a Drinking Contest {America x Reader}

“He liked you more than he cared to admit.”

Warning: ‘Lime’ content— beware ;)

You took in a deep breath.

You tried to keep your heart from ramming against your chest; it was starting to get a bit painful. But not matter what you did, you could not find it in yourself to calm down.

You were nervous as ever. Your palms were sweaty, your face felt hot, and you could not only feel your heart beating hard in your chest but also throbbing in your ears. Your knees felt weak, and your legs were about to betray you any minute now. They felt like they were made of jelly; threatening to let you fall.

You breathed in deeply again; surely the oxygen would calm your nerves a bit right? But as you were letting it out, you suddenly felt a hand on your shoulder.

The uncalled-for gesture shocked you to your core; you were not yet ready for human interaction. You jumped about a foot in the air, sucking in a quick mouthful of oxygen as you turned as fast as you could to the person who had touched you.

You didn’t expect to come face-to-face with someone as gentle and calming of a face as this person.

Just the sight of it calmed you down, and let you relax—and you didn’t even know his name! Whoever he was, he must have this kind of effect on everyone.

His kind, soft expression showed nothing but sympathy, his blue eyes shined with curiosity, and his glasses glinted mischievously. He smiled, just about making your heart jump into overdrive again. Did all guys have a smile like that? Why did he smiling at you suddenly make you so nervous again?

“Dude, calm down! What’s wrong? Are you lost or something, little girl?” The boy asked, his carefree voice somehow making you relax again.

Jeez, what was up with this guy? Why was he so calming one moment, then so heart-throbbing the next?

It soon dawned on you that you hadn’t yet answered his question, and had instead been looking up at the chunk of hair that stuck up on his head. “Oh! Er, um … N-No, I’m fine. And I’m not lost; I’m supposed to be here.” You responded, oddly unable to look him in the eye.

He grinned at you, making your knees go weak again. “You’re supposed to be here, standing right outside the door to the World Meeting room?” He teased.

You blushed at his remark, and instantly felt stupid for standing right outside the door for who-knows-how-long. You were most definitely late; they’d been expecting you about twenty minutes ago. “Uh, yeah. Nice to meet you; my name is _____. I’m the new country.” You said, trying your best not to stutter in front of him again.

His face instantly lit up. “No way! Really? That’s great! I’m the first to meet you—everyone’ll be so jealous~!” He cheered, fist-pumping the air.

You stood there, baffled. “Er … yeah. And you are?”

He stopped cheering for a moment to grin cheekily at you. “Oh, I’m America! The best country in the world!” He laughed, showing great pride for his land.

You smiled a bit at him. You couldn’t deny it anymore—he was cute. “We’ll see about that. I’m still small; but hopefully being recognized by you guys will help me grow.”

Suddenly, all the color drained from America’s face. “Oh, crap! The World Meeting! Dude, you and me are both, like, totally late!” He panicked, and quickly grabbed ahold of your arm; making you blush the slightest bit. “England’s gonna be so pissed at me for being late again!” He whisper-yelled as he brought the two of you inside the door.