Chapter 40

Ramona POV

"Can you two just admit that I was right and Jamona is endgame?" Aria sighs one afternoon when we're hanging out in my room after school.

"Aria, we're high schoolers. I don't think anyone knows they're endgame," I repeat.

"I take offense," Ben smirks. I mean, it's pretty weird that those two are pre engaged, so I roll my eyes.

"Think about it though," Sky insists. When did she choose Aria's side?

"You two have already made it to Phase 3, you know," Aria comments and I smirk.

"What are the Phases, again?" Jax asks since she hasn't talked about those for three months. I have a shitty memory, and so does he.

"Phase 1- Develop feelings for each other, become More Than Friends. Phase 2- Fake date for a couple of hours. Phase 3- Actually date, become adorable," Aria recites the ones we've made it to before pausing, "Phase 4- Moving in together. You two, I presume, want to go to the same college. Probably room together. Otherwise, it'd be too weird for you two, since you've lived together since 7th grade. Phase 5- Engagement. I better be there fangirling. Phase 6- Wedding/marriage. That'll also be adorable, and I better be the maid of honor. Phase 7- Children. You two will have four beautiful daughters, who we will spoil senseless. Phase 8- Until Death Do Us Part. You two stay together until death."

"Good God. Why are you mapping out our relationship? Honestly, it's a bit concerning," I ask in both awe and confusion.

"I was bored back in ninth grade, Ramona," she rolls her eyes like the answer is obvious.

"You know, back then, didn't you two start the Jamona fan account on Instagram that I ended up following because it was funny?" Jackson asks Sky and Aria, who burst out laughing at the thought of that account.

"I don't think we ever deleted that," Sky laughs, pulling up Instagram on her phone.

"You didn't, but that made us the "School Ship". And thus, lead us to become closer- and a lot more comfortable with obscene gestures," I joke.

"You two had that anyways," Aria argues.

"True, but we were never shipped that bad," I tease my best friend.

"I think back then, we started thinking about life and dating, seriously. As in, being in a committed relationship. Not like dating for a couple of weeks, a couple of months. All the relationship stuff... I don't think I would trade any of those moments where we just hung out in my bedroom for hours at a time, talking about crushes and everything else. Phase 1 was pretty cool," I suddenly turn serious.

"Yes it was indeed, babe. I think that I had a little crush on you back then too, ya know," Jax says, and I smirk.

"Did his nose just grow?" Ben asks, and I slap his arm.

"Shut up," Ar says, rolling her eyes.

"Shall we look at the Jamona Instagram?" Sky asks, since she's peacemaker now, not me.

"Yes please," I request, happy that she decided to change the subject.

"We literally took an in depth look at y'all's DM's one time and screenshotted some of it, like the usernames that I know haven't changed," Aria laughs.

"Yeah; that was what you two did for fun: stalking us," I laugh.

"Should we reopen that account?" Sky asks and we nod.

--

Instagram

@JamonaIsReal

@JamonaIsReal

The ship has sailed.

1,838 likes

50 comments

@TeaBen: Finally.

@ar-ia: we were right

@goldentoefuller: the one on the left is pretty cute. Maybe I should take her out tonight.

//@DancingQueenRamona: I would like that, babe.

-------------------

Wow. Phases is officially over. I don't think that has set in until now. Thank you for taking the time to read this cringey, long as hell, story. I guess that you're supposed to be really inspirational or something in these, but I'm honestly feeling like Goldfish and just making this an average author's note, since those come to me easier.

Some people today tried to impersonate me and their acting was so bad that I couldn't even appreciate the insults they were throwing my way. Honestly. If you're going to insult me, at least have decent acting and an insult I can appreciate. These children need help.

I feel like eating Goldfish and listening to musicals.

More Than Friends, the prequel to Phases, will start being updated next Monday, but look out this week for the first chapter!

So long loves,

~Ry